A selection of articles related to shiva consorts.
Original articles from our library related to the Shiva Consorts. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Shiva Consorts.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- A Syrian deity introduced into Egypt in the Middle Kingdom. She was originally a deity of war, depicted with shield, axe and lance. Despite this she was called 'Mother of the gods' and 'Mistress of the sky'. She was regarded as protectress of the king in...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- (Sumerian) "Lady of the Thousand Offices", She is the primary female Deity of Her people, and in some ways the focus of the entire pantheon. Her epithet refers to the fact that She is Patroness and divine Guide to a myriad different functions and...
Deities & Heros >> Mesopotamian
Shiva Consorts is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shiva Consorts books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Why Lord Shiva is the ultimate grandmaster of yoga
- The Shiva Linga, his upward focused energy, represents the ascending power of yoga, the silent mind of Samadhi and the yogic state of transcendence. Shiva's consort as Devi or Shakti, the Divine Mother, is the Yoga Shakti, the power of yoga always ...
- Ode to a Chalukyan monument
- Recently restored Someshwara Temple at Lakshmeshwar in Gadag district is known for its unique blend of Chalukyan and Vijayanagar styles of architecture. The main deity here has Shiva sitting on Nandi, along with Parvathi, his consort. This seems to be ...
- Temples in State gear up for Maha Sivaratri festivities
- Earlier, the processional deities of Sri Kalyana Venkateswara and His consorts were given a celestial bath 'Snapana Tirumanjanam'. It was curtains for the annual fete, when the sacred yellow flag hoisted on the first day to signal the ...
Shiva Consorts Topics
Related searchesmoral code
jane eyre criticism
jordan normal form example 2
jainism women liberation
those characters from cleveland
shakeys pizza history