A selection of articles related to shiva purana.
Original articles from our library related to the Shiva Purana. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Shiva Purana.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Shiva Purana is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shiva Purana books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Shiva Purana – Science Through Stories
- Sadhguru explains how the Shiva Purana includes many aspects of fundamental science in its text, as well as a powerful tool to transcend limitations. Sadhguru: This vast emptiness that we refer to as Shiva is a boundless non-entity – eternal and always.
- Secrets of Beings: The Pillars of Shiva
- The pillars (called lingam in Sanskrit) of Lord Shiva -- identified as a supreme god, along with Brahma and Vishnu, constituting the trimurti (trinity of gods) -- are strewn all over the world, including Washington D.C., Luxor, Paris, and Karnataka.
- Maha Shivaratri: SMS, Whatsapp messages to send your family and friends
- This festival marks Lord Shiva's marriage to Goddess Parvati. On this special occasion, women keep fast. Shivaratri fast is considered to be the most important fast for the devotees of Lord Shiva.
- Symbolism behind Lord Shiva's Ardhanarishwara form
- According to another legend from the Shiva Purana, it is believed that Brahma, the creator of the universe forgot to create the female form. So he sought help from Lord Shiva who then appeared as half-man and half-woman to allow creations to happen.
- Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra Mp3 Download – Jaap & Meaning
- How the Maha Mrityunjaya came to be written into the Shiva Purana is told in two different stories. In the first, it is said that Chandra the moon abused and made fun of Daksha.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Shiva Purana Topics
Related searchesarctic fox
meaning of dreams about africa
michael c harvey
dream symbol loss in strength