A selection of articles related to shiva.
Original articles from our library related to the Shiva. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Shiva.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Shiva is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shiva books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Shiva Samhita free PDF download
- The Shiva samhita : a critical edition and an English translation / James · Mallinson.
- Dr. Vandana Shiva Physicist, ecologist, feminist and seed activist
- Dr. Vandana Shiva. Physicist, ecologist, feminist and seed activist.
- Vandana Shiva (India)
- Dr. Vandana Shiva is trained as a Physicist and did her Ph.D.
- Vandana Shiva
- Vandana Shiva. Speech at the UN General Assembly Interactive Dialogue on Harmony With Nature. April 20, 2011.
Suggested News Resources
- Shiva's mace procession begins in Himachal
- By IANS, Chamba (Himachal Pradesh) : The procession of the holy mace of Lord Shiva during the Manimahesh pilgrimage started from here Monday amidst beating of drums and playing of 'shehnais'.
- Ganesha's lost mouse
- Ganesha's mouse had eaten his way through Lord Shiva's meditation mat. Lord Indra's shawl had several holes because of the mouse. The cooks of heaven had dhotis with gaping spaces in them.
- Shiva to NALS: Has RGV lost his 'Aag'?
- New Delhi: Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma's brutal crime biopic Not A Love Story is a pale shadow of the director's strong narrative of systematic crime and his fascination with the underworld that goes back to his days of 'Shiva'.
- Lord Shiva and The Economist: A New Low for Journalism
- Like millions of people, I grew up thinking of Lord Shiva simply as Lord Shiva, a God, one of the many forms of God.
- Snakes on a plain
- But the last month has shown that we're capable of getting there, with the explosion of interest in The Secret of the Nagas, the second book in Amish's Shiva Trilogy. The Shiva Trilogy brings two new things to Indian books.
Suggested Web Resources
- Shiva - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Shiva is a major Hindu deity, and is the destroyer god or transformer among the Trimurti, the Hindu Trinity of the primary aspects of the divine.
- Hindu God Shiva : Shiva (Shiv) - the destroyer
- The Hindu god Shiva (Shiv) is the destroyer of the ego and ultimately of the universe, the ultimate yogi, appearing in many forms... free Shiva wallpaper ...
- ShiVa 3D Game engine with development tools
- ShiVa 3D game engine with graphical editor to create applications and games for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iPhone, iPad, Android, Palm WebOS and Wii.
- Hindu Deities: Lord Shiva
- Lord Shiva is the Lord of mercy and compassion. He protects devotees from evil forces such as lust, greed, and anger.