A selection of articles related to shivalinga.
Original articles from our library related to the Shivalinga. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Shivalinga.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Shivalinga is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shivalinga books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Shiva Linga : Images of Cosmic Manhood in Art and Mythology
- The Shiva Linga - Images of Cosmic Manhood in Art and Mythology. Article of the Month - June 2003.
- Balaji & Shivalinga PráņaPratişţha Celebrations
- Balaji & Shivalinga PráņaPratişţha Celebrations. Saturday, September 10, 2011 – 4:30pm. Hindu Temple of Kern County,.
- SHIVA Linga
- Nó không có bắt đầu và kết thúc, nhưng hướng thiên,. SHIVA Linga. Hình ảnh của Nhân loại trong Nghệ thuật và Thần thoại.
- Shivastotra by ShankarAchArya
- hymn from the Yajur Veda, commonly employed to perform the worship of the Shiva linga, says: namah shivaya cha.
Suggested News Resources
- Hindus observe annual festival
- New Zealand residents Hemand Deo with his sons Ashil, 3 and Akash, 4, offer bel patra on Shivalinga at the Nagigi Naag Temple outside Labasa yesterday.
- Indiana to have Omkaar Hindu temple
- the temple is said to be in the early stages of development and would reportedly be constructed by the family of Dr. Jyothirmai Reddy under the guidance of Kumaraswamy Dixitar and Pancha Mukha Shiva Linga would be its “primary deity”.
- Sling of responsibilities
- The point is to carry waters of the Ganga barefoot and pour a stream on the Shiva-linga back home on the Amavasya night. At no point must the pots touch the ground in the long journey back home.
- Lord Shiva and The Economist: A New Low for Journalism
- Some foreign academic experts and some Hindus too may like to think of their Shiva-Linga in such terms, and they are entitled to their thoughts.
- How first Somvar of Shravan was celebrated at Somnath(photos)
- On first Somvar of auspicious month of Shravan, Shri Somnath mahadev's Shiva linga is decorated with around 1,25,00000 pallets of 11000 kg flowers. More than 100 persons worked for three and half hours for decoration of Shri Somnath's Shiva linga.
Suggested Web Resources
- Shiva Linga and Phallus Worship
- Shiva Linga is a wide spread Indian Phallic figure. It consists of a feminine base ' Yoni' or 'vagina' and a rising masculine portion 'the Phallus' or 'penis.
- Shiva Linga - ReligionFacts
- Jan 29, 2007 Shiva Linga. The linga or lingam (Sanskrit for "symbol") is the symbol of the god Shiva and the form in which he is most commonly worshipped.
- Shiva Linga,Shiva Lingam,Sivalingam,Shivalingam,Siva Linga
- Shiva Linga - Find out what is Siva Linga and why it is regarded as the sacred symbol of Lord Shiva.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesurdhvaprasarita- ekapadasana
the flintstones trivia
hodge dual hodge star on manifolds
lady of the lake
toxidrome cholinergic toxidrome
atlas mythology etymology
robert bourassa quotations