- The Vineyard Announces Indecent Cast
- The story of Indecent is inspired by the real-life controversy surrounding the 1923 Broadway production of Sholem Asch's God of Vengeance, the love story of two women. The reaction to Asch's work was divided between those who considered it to be ...
- Richard Topol and More Set for Paula Vogel's Indecent at Vineyard Theatre
- Cocreated and directed by Rebecca Taichman, the new play with music is inspired by the controversial Broadway debut of Sholem Asch's 1923 play God of Vengeance. Some saw it as a seminal work of Jewish culture, and others as an act of traitorous libel.
- Broadway's First Lesbian Kiss Was Originally in Yiddish. Now It's in New Haven.
- If you've read one Yiddish play in your life, chances are it's Sholem Asch's God of Vengeance.
- An Obscenely Relevant Play
- Aside from the threat of physical violence, few prospects have occasioned as much anxiety in American Jews than that of being “a shande far di goyim” — being shamed in front of non-Jews. Imagine the risk, then, that playwright Sholem Asch ran when his ...
- Trump is to the US what Hitler was to Germany
- Sholem Asch, wrote on the conditions in post-WWI Germany which brought Hitler to power. He showed the picture of Germany, what was wrong with Germany, what happened to Germany and why Hitler was created; Hitler's vitriolic beer hall speeches began ...
Sholem Asch is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sholem Asch books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Sholem Asch Topics
Related searchessir john falstolf
arthur rimbaud influence
practical magic plot
victor von pentz
second moment of area