A selection of articles related to shoreham ancients.
Original articles from our library related to the Shoreham Ancients. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Shoreham Ancients.
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 2
- Now the point of any study of how much we share in our search for the Deity must be in what shared behaviors should we expect? For the purposes of the community of A Mystical Grove, this must be in how we revere and cherish Nature in all its manifold...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Morrison, Dorothy
- Dorothy is a Wiccan High Priestess of the Georgian tradition and an avid practitioner of the ancient arts for over 20 years. She teaches the Craft to students throughout the US and in Australia. Her interests include archery and bowhunting, magical herbalism,...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Egyptian Temples, part I: A Reflection of Heaven
- Introduction The Egyptian religion can be seen as a system of thought, a means of structuring the world, and of maintaining it so as to make it possible for Creation to persist. It reflected both life on earth among the humans and life on a higher plane among...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- The practical applications of the Tree must start at Malkuth, because Malkuth is all that is manifested on Earth. We know Malkuth better than any other Sephiroth just because we are the embodiment of Malkuth. We know the physical world by living it. Malkuth...
Magick >> Qabalah
- Meditation and Kaballah
- Meditation is one of the most vital elements of occult and esoteric practices, especially in the study of the Kaballah. I've heard it said that prayer is talking to the Divine and meditation is listening for the answers. I've also heard that the answers come...
Mind >> Meditation
Shoreham Ancients is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shoreham Ancients books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Introduction: The perception and study of Palmer's work in the later
- It was contemplation of such daring and ecstatic works as 'In a Shoreham .. They are referred to here (unusually and inaccurately) as the 'Shoreham Ancients '.
- William Blake's story in his own words, for today's audience
- artists called 'The Shoreham Ancients', who included the painters Samuel Palmer and George Richmond.
- Andrew's Wood, nr Shoreham The wood is a quarter of a mile east of
- According to Mee (1936) there was a “yew in the churchyard, ancient, hollow and dying.
- "Shoreham crowned with the great of years" -A. C. SWINBURNE
- ancient Sussex sea-port. The Patent Rolls, Close Rolls and. Assize Rolls have been carefully examined and Shoreham cases copied from them.
- Shoreham report10n.indd
- 2010 marked the 250th year of “Shoreham. Port at the download from our website www.shoreham- port.
Suggested News Resources
- Palmer's masterful brilliance on show in Visible Poetry
- Along with fellow artists Edward Calvert and George Richmond, Palmer was a member of the artistic brotherhood, The (Shoreham) Ancients. Formed during the 1820s, the group comprised young artists who resisted modern art and affiliated with the classical ...
Suggested Web Resources
- The Ancient Of Days And William Blake
- Through Linnell he met Samuel Palmer, who belonged to a group of artists who called themselves the 'Shoreham Ancients'.