- 108-ft tall Jain Teerthankar idol enters 'Guinness Records'
- Till now, the 57 feet idol of Lord Bahubali in Shravanabelagola in Karnataka was considered the world's tallest Jain statue.
- Mahamastakabhisheka at Shravanabelagola in 2018
- MYSURU: The Mahamastakabhisheka ceremony of the statue of Gomateshwara in Shravanabelagola - held every 12 years - will be performed in 2018 in the first week of February. The previous Mahamastakabhisheka ceremony was held in 2006.
- Preparations under way for mastakabhisheka
- Preparations are under way for the smooth conduct of the Mahamastakabhisheka of Gomateshwara at Shravanabelagola, scheduled to be held in February 2018. The event, held once in 12 years, attracts lakhs of people from across the globe. The State ...
- Sculpted panels, floral motifs and more
- The hall also carries an inscription that reveals that the sister of Chamundaraya, the builder of the Gomateshwara statue in Shravanabelagola, lived here and undertook fasting unto liberation.
- Sahitya parishat elections: close fight in the offing in Raichur
- The decision to hold the sammelan in Raichur was taken at the 81st Kannada Sahitya Sammelan in Shravanabelagola in February last year. Following this, the district unit of the parishat led by president Mahantesh Maski began preparations. The reception ...
Shravanabelagola is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shravanabelagola books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searcheshan chinese clothing hanfu and dance
oneida society ascending fellowship
francisco vsquez de coronado
diocese of clonfert history
rio grande do sul
alexander iii of russia anti-reforms