Shrine Secular Shrines
A selection of articles related to shrine secular shrines.
Original articles from our library related to the Shrine Secular Shrines. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Shrine Secular Shrines.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Egyptian Temples, part IV: The Temple Building
- Model of the Universe From at least the New Kingdom on the Egyptian cult temple building was a symbolic model of the universe. It was built along an east-west axis, following the sun´s course through the day and surrounded by a brick wall built in alternating...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The twins Artemis and Apollo
- The story of the twin gods Artemis and Apollo was filled with intrigue and deception. Their conception was controversial in itself
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Shrine Secular Shrines is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shrine Secular Shrines books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Additional Resources
- “Secular Shrines and Commemorative Art” is a program resource guide .
- SECULAR NON-GENTRY LEADERSHIP OF TEMPLE AND SHRINE
- SECULAR NON-GENTRY LEADERSHIP OF. TEMPLE AND SHRINE ORGANIZATIONS. IN URBAN BRITISH HONG KONG.
- Rethinking Pilgrimage through the Theories of Architectural
- Aug 3, 2011 they allow a review and rethinking of some aspects of pilgrimage and shrines. The picturesque: a 'secular pilgrimage'?
- Religion in Japan: Shinto, Buddhism, and Society
- its rich religious heritage and its generally secular government.
Suggested Web Resources
- Shrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In the United States and some other countries, landmarks may be called "historic shrines.
- While many shrines are religious or spiritual in nature, secular shrines are also created.
- Angus Fraser - CENTER :: AWARD RESULTS
- I am attempting to understand how traditional, religious shrines e.g.
- Creating Shrines and Altars for Healing from Grief
- 1 day ago We have made shrines for thousands of years and across all cultures. Martin Luther King, Jr.