Shunga After The Meiji Restoration
A selection of articles related to shunga after the meiji restoration.
Original articles from our library related to the Shunga After The Meiji Restoration. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Shunga After The Meiji Restoration.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Shunga After The Meiji Restoration is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shunga After The Meiji Restoration books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- There is a lot going on behind the closed doors of shunga
- Not all shunga, however, are so sophisticated. The Eisei Bunko exhibition features later mass-market mame-ban, (“bean-sized” prints) destined for Japanese soldiers of the Meiji Era (1868-1912) despite increasing censorship at the time.
- POINT OF VIEW/ Morihiro Hosokawa: Approach to erotic art illustrates Japanese
- Starting in the Meiji Era (1868-1912), it came to be stigmatized under Christianity-derived asceticism as something to be shunned and swept under the rug. However, shunga has gained so much international acclaim that it was collected by Auguste Rodin ...
- Buddhist Priest Invites Same-Sex Couples To Marry At His Temple
- After graduating from the Hanazono School (which is affiliated with Rinzai Buddhism's Myoshinji temple), he studied English at Rice University in Texas, and then enrolled at Arizona State University.
- Edo Period erotic art draws huge, excited crowds in Tokyo
- That patron was just one of hordes of visitors packing into a Tokyo museum to see the nation's first large-scale exhibition of "shunga," erotic traditional Japanese prints and paintings mainly from the Edo Period (1603-1867).
- Shunga exhibition defies 'pornography' taboos to expose Japan to its erotic past
- “There has been a taboo on shunga since the Meiji era [1868-1912],” says Akiko Yano, an art historian at the School of Oriental and African Studies, London University. “Museums think it is shameful to have these paintings in their collections.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Shunga After The Meiji Restoration Topics
Related searchesanti-mllerian hormone structure
secret of mana graphics engine
prairie village kansas history
the country wife
geography of angola land boundaries