- Bhavnath fair begins in Girnar foothills
- Devotees believe that Lord Shiva himself visits the shrine on this occasion.
- Siddhars: The Siddhas and Accomplished Yogis
- Who are the siddhars? Yogic powers called Siddhis are acquired by the practice of yogic disciplines. Those who acquire these Siddhis are called Siddhas or Siddhars.
- Gender bias in temples as old as the walls around them
- Why were temples built in India? They did not always exist. Before temples, people worshipped rocks and rivers and stars: Kumbh Mela is a classic example of Hindu ritual that does not involve any artificial structure.
- Caste Is The Cruellest Exclusion
- Caste is a form of social exclusion that is firmly entrenched because it is justified by religious scriptures. Brahmanic theory gave religious sanction to an unequal society.
Siddhas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Siddhas books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchescounty londonderry
mayra santos febres
dermatology scope of the field