A selection of articles related to significant.
Original articles from our library related to the Significant. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Significant.
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Evil Hypnosis
- "Evil" hypnosis is what I call the popular view of hypnosis as something that is used by devious agencies or individuals to control people's minds surreptitiously. Mind control or behavior control are possible with hypnosis only temporarily, and...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- The Earthmind Material
- Part 1 | Part 2 Author's Note All references made in the first person(s) herein, are grammatical conveniences created for the sake of the reader. Such words as "I", "OUR", and "I/WE" are therefore not meant to be taken as literal...
Mind >> World Mind
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Significant is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Significant books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Google's Self-Driving Cars Face Significant Hurdles
- Self-driving cars that still look and feel like a traditional vehicle face relatively few regulatory and legal barriers.
- Evgeni Malkin To Miss Significant Time With Upper Body Injury
- The team announced yesterday that Evgeni Malkin was going to be evaluated today. Well they got the results back and it wasn't good. Evgeni Malkin will miss the next 6-to-8 weeks with an upper-body injury.
- FDA predicts no significant environmental impact from GM mosquitoes
- FDA reviewers on March 11 released a draft statement predicting that a short-term release of male Aedes aegypti mosquitoes engineered to fail as fathers would make “no significant impact” on the environment. The England-based company Oxitec developed ...
- Early morning fire causes 'significant' damage at Alberta Hospital
- Gwin said fire damage, contained to the greenhouses, was considered to be “significant.” Crews remained on scene most of Saturday afternoon dousing "hot spots." No injuries were reported and no word on what caused the blaze.