A selection of articles related to sinclair lewis.
Original articles from our library related to the Sinclair Lewis. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sinclair Lewis.
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
- The Magician's Pyramid
- Of the Magician's Pyramid, the tip of the pyramid is the work performed and the power used, and the four corners of the base, the four sources of that power. They are, equally and in no order, Imagination, Will, Faith, and Secrecy. Imagination (Air): You must...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Planes of Existence
- As shown in this diagram, planes of existence should not, as they commonly are, be thought of as discreet states but rather as a continuous scale. As we distinguish between body, mind and soul, we must equally distinguish between physical, mental, and...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Necronomicon
- There are those who believe in this grimoire, in its existence and in its potency, and there are those who do not. Those who believe say that this grimoire, originally named Al Azif, and written by Abdul Alhazred around 700 AD, contains the rituals that, if...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- There are fragments of the 'Atlantis' legend in almost every culture around the world. This suggests, but does not prove, that the legend is based on a very ancient truth that was known by the forebears of each of these cultures. Our main source of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Human Evolution
- The first hominids evolved some 3 or 4 million years ago, and so we have only limited means of determining how they evolved. Although human evolution is an important phase of the history of religion, the evolution of humans in itself is more a matter of...
Saga of Times Past >> Archaeology
Sinclair Lewis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sinclair Lewis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Peccadillo Theater Company to Present Reading of Sinclair Lewis' It Can't
- The Peccadillo Theater Company will present a staged reading of Nobel Prize winner Sinclair Lewis' It Can't Happen Here for one night only on March 21 at 7:30pm at the National Arts Club. Peccadillo artistic director Dan Wackerman will direct the reading.
- The Peccadillo Theater to Stage Reading of Sinclair Lewis' IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE
- Imagine America ruled by a charismatic bigot elected president on a populist platform. That is what Nobel Prize winner Sinclair Lewis did in his long forgotten play IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE, which uncannily reflects the current the state of American politics.
- It Can Happen Here: The Terrifying Prospect of a Trump Presidency
- In 1935, Sinclair Lewis published It Can't Happen Here, a novel today more referred to than read, which imagined fascism coming to the U.S. The movement's leader is Buzz Windrip, a populist demagogue who promises “to make America a proud, rich land ...
- Explaining the Trump phenomenon
- In 1935, novelist Sinclair Lewis wrote “It Can't Happen Here,” the story of a fictional man similar to Donald Trump who became a nominee for president, won the election and proceeded to establish an American version of Nazi Germany.
- Can Fascism Triumph in America?
- In 1935, during the rise of Fascism in Europe, the novelist Sinclair Lewis published a semi-satirical novel entitled It Can't Happen Here. In the novel, a United States Senator named Berzelius "Buzz" Windrip is elected to the presidency, demanding that ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Sinclair Lewis Topics
Related searchesphilippine mythology multo
punjabi western and eastern punjabi
shotgun specialty ammunition
bushrod r johnson
meaning of dreams about money