Singapore River History
A selection of articles related to singapore river history.
Original articles from our library related to the Singapore River History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Singapore River History.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
Singapore River History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Singapore River History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Annex B URA 2011 CHALLENGE FOR THE URBAN & BUILT
- the Fort Canning Hill area, Singapore River, the Civic District and Bras . can also be located near the edge of the river, to showcase Singapore River's history.
- PROJECTIONS: SINGAPORE RIVER
- history of Singapore River has shorn off much of the knowledge, richness and complexity embedded in our national emblem.
- ASIAN PERSPECTIVE 2010
- Singapore Food Festival happenings.
- 'Black Areas': The Urban Kampongs and Power Relations in Post
- seen in Stephen Dobbs' recent social history, The Singapore River: A Social History. 1819-2002 (2003).
- 34th Ed Artwork
- that traces the history of the Singapore River. Next, stop at Raffles Hotel, where hives of activities were held for the high-society in the 1800s.
Suggested Web Resources
- Singapore River : historical overview
- Mar 10, 2000 Singapore River waterway quay. Boat Quay godowns banks river mouth economic activity wharehouses historical overview.
- Singapore River History of Old Singapore Boat - Streetdirectory.com
- Singapore River
- The history of the Singapore River can be divided into three distinct periods: pre- colonial, colonial and post-colonial.