Sir Douglas Mawson
A selection of articles related to sir douglas mawson.
Original articles from our library related to the Sir Douglas Mawson. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sir Douglas Mawson.
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, 4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) 4:3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. 4:4 And he must...
New Testament >> John
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the...
New Testament >> Revelation
- History of Magick
- I. Early Magick One tradition holds that Witchcraft began more than 35 thousand years ago, when the last great sheets ice began their journey across Europe. Legend holds that small groups of hunters followed the free-running game and bison across the tundra....
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Sir Douglas Mawson is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sir Douglas Mawson books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Sir Douglas Mawson (1882 – 1958)
- Sir Douglas Mawson (1882 – 1958). Douglas Mawson was born in Shipley, Yorkshire, and moved with his family to Sydney in 1884.
- DEEP ANTARCTICA – In the Footsteps of Sir Douglas Mawson
- In the Footsteps of Sir Douglas Mawson. Trip Duration - 26 Days. Grade – Adventure cruising.
- The Friends of Mawson
- Australian scientist and explorer Sir Douglas Mawson.
- RETURN TO MAWSON'S HUT
- Expedition under Sir Douglas Mawson.
- The Douglas Mawson Antarctic Expedition of 1912 is one of the most ..
Suggested News Resources
- Destin woman discovers link to famous Antarctic explorer
- With a little help from Google, Joy Mawson Mayer recently discovered that her great-great uncle was Sir Douglas Mawson, a member of the first team to visit the South Magnetic Pole. “It's unbelievable. I was just stunned,” said the Destin resident.
- Preserving Australia's claim to Antarctica
- This year marks the centenary of the first Australian-led Antarctic Expedition, headed by Sir Douglas Mawson.
- Hidden treasures of Adelaide city
- And then there's one of the sleds used by famed Antarctic explorer Sir Douglas Mawson in the uni's Tate Museum, as well as many of the rocks and fossils he brought back with him.
- South Australian state government bans current and future mining in Arkaroola
- At the request of Sir Douglas Mawson (the Antarctic explorer), Arkaroola was purchased by the Sprigg family in 1967 for the purposes of wildlife preservation and conservation.
Suggested Web Resources
- Douglas Mawson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sir Douglas Mawson, OBE, FRS, FAA (5 May 1882 – 14 October 1958) was an Australian Antarctic explorer and geologist.
- Antarctic Explorers: Douglas Mawson
- After several meetings it was determined that an Australian Antarctic expedition be planned with Sir Douglas Mawson as leader.
- Sir Douglas Mawson
- Biography of Sir Douglas by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Douglas Mawson
- Sir Douglas Mawson. Aurora leaving Hobart 2-12-1911 1911-1914 Australasian Antarctic Expedition leaves Hobart on 2nd December 1911 aboard the S.Y.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Sir Douglas Mawson Topics
the pajama game trivia
governor of oklahoma succession