Sir Douglas Mawson
A selection of articles related to sir douglas mawson.
Original articles from our library related to the Sir Douglas Mawson. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sir Douglas Mawson.
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, 4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) 4:3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. 4:4 And he must...
New Testament >> John
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 27
- Chapter 27 27:1 When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death: 27:2 And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor. 27:3 Then Judas,...
New Testament >> Matthew
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Sir Douglas Mawson is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sir Douglas Mawson books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Sir Douglas Mawson (1882 – 1958)
- Sir Douglas Mawson (1882 – 1958). Douglas Mawson was born in Shipley, Yorkshire, and moved with his family to Sydney in 1884.
- DEEP ANTARCTICA – In the Footsteps of Sir Douglas Mawson
- In the Footsteps of Sir Douglas Mawson. Trip Duration - 26 Days. Grade – Adventure cruising.
- The Friends of Mawson
- Australian scientist and explorer Sir Douglas Mawson.
- RETURN TO MAWSON'S HUT
- Expedition under Sir Douglas Mawson.
- The Douglas Mawson Antarctic Expedition of 1912 is one of the most ..
Suggested News Resources
- Destin woman discovers link to famous Antarctic explorer
- With a little help from Google, Joy Mawson Mayer recently discovered that her great-great uncle was Sir Douglas Mawson, a member of the first team to visit the South Magnetic Pole. “It's unbelievable. I was just stunned,” said the Destin resident.
- Preserving Australia's claim to Antarctica
- This year marks the centenary of the first Australian-led Antarctic Expedition, headed by Sir Douglas Mawson.
- Hidden treasures of Adelaide city
- And then there's one of the sleds used by famed Antarctic explorer Sir Douglas Mawson in the uni's Tate Museum, as well as many of the rocks and fossils he brought back with him.
- South Australian state government bans current and future mining in Arkaroola
- At the request of Sir Douglas Mawson (the Antarctic explorer), Arkaroola was purchased by the Sprigg family in 1967 for the purposes of wildlife preservation and conservation.
Suggested Web Resources
- Douglas Mawson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sir Douglas Mawson, OBE, FRS, FAA (5 May 1882 – 14 October 1958) was an Australian Antarctic explorer and geologist.
- Antarctic Explorers: Douglas Mawson
- After several meetings it was determined that an Australian Antarctic expedition be planned with Sir Douglas Mawson as leader.
- Sir Douglas Mawson
- Biography of Sir Douglas by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Douglas Mawson
- Sir Douglas Mawson. Aurora leaving Hobart 2-12-1911 1911-1914 Australasian Antarctic Expedition leaves Hobart on 2nd December 1911 aboard the S.Y.
Sir Douglas Mawson Topics
Related searchesspore game trivia
dream interpretation hair
super furry animals miscrarities
tonality history of the term