Sir Douglas Mawson
A selection of articles related to sir douglas mawson.
Original articles from our library related to the Sir Douglas Mawson. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sir Douglas Mawson.
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, 4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) 4:3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. 4:4 And he must...
New Testament >> John
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the...
New Testament >> Revelation
- History of Magick
- I. Early Magick One tradition holds that Witchcraft began more than 35 thousand years ago, when the last great sheets ice began their journey across Europe. Legend holds that small groups of hunters followed the free-running game and bison across the tundra....
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Sir Douglas Mawson is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sir Douglas Mawson books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Giant iceberg could wipe out Adélie penguin colony at Cape Denison, Antarctica
- Professor Turney said penguin numbers had been recorded for 100 years at Cape Denison, where explorer Sir Douglas Mawson's research station was based in 1911-14. Members of that expedition complained of the noise generated by 100,000 inquisitive ...
- EU referendum: 200 small firm bosses and entrepreneurs tell Britons to vote
- Douglas Lyon DL Autos. Barry Greenlaugh Trans Nat. Vldinmir Bravo L Bravo.
- My PhD takes me to one of the last truly wild places on earth
- It was described by early Australian geologist Captain Douglas Mawson as “the most wretched place of involuntary and slavish exilium… nothing could warrant any civilised creature living on such a spot”.
- Expedition finds century-old balaclava at Douglas Mawson's hut in Antarctica
- At Cape Denison, 2,500km south of Hobart, the six-strong Mawson's Huts Foundation team is hard at work conserving the home of the 1911-14 Australasian Antarctic expedition (AAE). The expedition field leader, Marty Passingham, said the team hoped to ...