A selection of articles related to siren.
Original articles from our library related to the Siren. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Siren.
- In Praise of Pumpkins
- I have always had a fascination with pumpkins. As a child I enjoyed Christmas and Thanksgiving and all the other holidays we surround our year with, but Halloween was special. Halloween spoke of ghosts, ghouls, witches and all the primal fears that children...
Holidays >> Samhain
- German. A beautiful siren who sat on a cliff above the Rhine, luring boatment to their death with her songs....
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Yom Kippur
- Yom Kippur is the day when God handed to Moses the second set of the Ten Commandments. This occurred after the completion of the second 40 days of guidance from God.
Religions >> Judaism
Siren is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Siren books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Douglas County to postpone Saturday siren test
- Instead, outdoor warning sirens will be tested individually during the week of March 14th. The first routine monthly test of the season will take place at 11 a.m.
- '60 Minutes' reports 'Sex in the City' siren is mother of Canadian Prime
- Hollywood bombshell Kim Cattrall just found out she has a long-lost son who's one of the most powerful men in the world. And how she learned of the news was even more remarkable. In a “60 Minutes” interview on CBS, in which Canadian Prime Minister ...
- Governor Authoritizes Several Local Safe Room and Warning Siren Projects
- Additional grant funds will allow for the installation of outdoor warning sirens, including two in Shannon County and for three communities in Texas County. Nixon says Missouri currently has 168 completed safe rooms across the state.
- OKC EMA reminding residents about changes to tornado siren policy
- Oklahoma City Emergency Manager Frank Barnes says that's why the city updated their siren policy. He says in the past when there was a tornado warning, all 182 sirens in the city would go off.
- Blair sirens changed
- Only four siren locations are now activated for fire and rescue calls: South 13th and Butler streets, next to Veterans' Memorial Field; U.S.
Suggested Web Resources
- Siren (mythology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In Greek mythology, the Sirens (Greek singular: Σειρήν Seirēn; Greek plural: Σειρῆνες Seirēnes) were dangerous yet beautiful creatures, who lured nearby ...
- Siren - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Siren or sirens may refer to: ... Brandon (born 1974), American musician, known as "Siren" in the demoscene; Siren, a rock band featuring Kevin Coyne ...
- Siren is a social discovery platform created by women and founded on core principles of comfort, privacy, and mutual respect.
- SIRENS : Bird-Women Monsters | Greek mythology, Seirenes, w
- THE SEIRENES (or Sirens) were three sea nymphs who lured sailors to their death with a bewitching song. They were formerly handmaidens of the goddess ...
- Sirens - Greek Mythology
- The Sirens were beautiful but dangerous creatures that lured the sailors with their beautiful voices to their doom, causing the ships to crash on the ...