Site Specific Art
A selection of articles related to site specific art.
Original articles from our library related to the Site Specific Art. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Site Specific Art.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Make Your Voice Heard As You Tread Gently On Our Mother Earth
- Making Your Voice Heard Before buying crystals, remember to ask where the crystal comes from and how it was mined. A lot of crystals are strip mined, which is very harmful to the land, and when handled often have a feeling of being psychically fractured or...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Site Specific Art is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Site Specific Art books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- History of site-specificity in art Gillian McIver In the latter part of the
- Paper by Gillian McIver about late 20th century artists who have chosen to interact directly with the locality by siting their work in public or formerly public places.
- Site Specific Art: Where Real Estate and the Art World Intersect
- Beverly Schreiber Jacoby, FRICS, explains why site specific art must be valued not only by its intrinsic qualities but on the merits of the location.
Suggested News Resources
- Truckee Tahoe community announcements
- Detours: Tahoe City 2011 is an art exhibition of site specific art by a group of 14 California-based artists in Tahoe City, organized by local Tahoe artist Jane Jenny through North Tahoe Arts, during August and September, 2011.
- Project to transform Beacon storefronts into public art venues
- Each summer, local artists collaborate with businesses to create a mile-long, site-specific art exhibition displayed in storefront windows along Main Street.
- Indianapolis airport may dump art for ads
- The irony here is that the museum is involved and they of all people should understand the importance of site-specific art. Now I'm worried what will happen to my art." While controversial, airport officials can legally do as they please.
- City Hall: Ribbon-cutting, open house Monday at new Germantown Elementary
- The City of Annapolis Art in Public Places Commission sought proposals to place site-specific art in the public space known as Westgate Circle.
Suggested Web Resources
- Site-specific art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Site-specific art is artwork created to exist in a certain place. Typically, the artist takes the location into account while planning and creating the artwork.
- What is Site Specific Art? « Sofie and Art
- Apr 17, 2008 Pioneered in the late-1950s to the mid-1960s Site Specific art was a result of the boom of art movements in that era.
- Site Specific Art Management, Inc.
- site specific art management inc.
- Site specific art artists by name, modern and contemporary
- Site specific art, artists and art. (style, 1970's)Site-specific art is artwork created to exist in a certain place.
Site Specific Art Topics
jack welch personal life
ants of economic importance
beltway sniper attacks aftermath
cyclic group representation
black buffalo woman