A selection of articles related to skanda purana.
Original articles from our library related to the Skanda Purana. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Skanda Purana.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Skanda Purana is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Skanda Purana books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Fightback against Mahishasura 'smear' campaign
- "Mahisha Mandala was a Buddhist land that finds mention in the Markandeya Purana, Devi Bhagavatha and Skanda Purana (all of them Hindu texts), none of which are charitable about him." Swamy plans to release his eighth book, Maha Mahisha Parva, ...
- Walking into the Ganga at Kashi
- Much of the mythology about the city comes from the Kashi Khanda, a 13th century book of 11,000 verses in praise of Kashi, and part of the massive Skanda Purana, which talks about Kartikeya, the son of Shiva and Parvati, but also describes various ...
- Mahashivaratri festival being observed today
- The Skanda Purana, another holy text of the Hindus, also mentions the significance of the Shivaratri.
- San Francisco's Hindu chariot procession enters 50th year
- This year, it will be held on July six. Rajan Zed points out that ancient Hindu scripture Katha Upanishad talks about the concept of chariot, where soul is the deity, body is the chariot, and intellect the charioteer.
- Guru Guides us Always
- Today, let us understand the significance of the divya drishti or a glance of the divine beings. We have come across numerous instances in our Puranas about the transformative glance of the rishis and gods on the devotees.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.