A selection of articles related to skull symbolism.
Original articles from our library related to the Skull Symbolism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Skull Symbolism.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Rose - Love, Healing, Symbolism and Alchemy
- When someone gives you red roses you know what it means: Love. Some say it means love and respect, but most of the times it means love and desire. The rose, this wondrous Lady of Flowers, is attributed to femininity. The red rose belongs with Aphrodite, the...
Earth Mysteries >> Essential Oils
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Skull Symbolism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Skull Symbolism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Sarah Kane's Cleansed is a thin, vicious pantomime
- But the script is a mass of childish unpleasantness and facile symbolism. A rat gets shot each time the show reaches a new plateau of ...
- Skulls, Snakes and Warhol: Behind This S.F. Agency's Hardcore Self-Promo Posters
- Snakes symbolize small, powerful badass-ness. But we did look at that colonial "Join, or Die" poster when we expressed the importance of maintaining respect for your fellow creatives in poster No. 3, "Ego.
- Award-winning artist and tattooist Leslie Rice brings his tattoo parlour to
- "A lot of people these days will try to dream up a meaning for the tattoo they have," Rice says. "But those old images, they kind of transcend the personal meanings. There's a universal symbolism about a snake or a skull or a fierce animal.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.