A selection of articles related to slang terms.
Original articles from our library related to the Slang Terms. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Slang Terms.
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Am I Damned?: Part 2
- CAVEAT: It is impossible to answer a "theological" question simply and correctly at the same time. The reason for this is the fact that the theological arena involves reality not only beyond our capacity to adequately express, but even beyond that,...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- What is Hypnosis?
- Hypnosis refers to just about any situation where we respond to verbal suggestions in a particular special way. This involves a mentally very flexible condition where our imagination and fantasy are more free and more vivid. A series of instructions, called...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Persephone - An Intutitive View
- Persephone is a Goddess whose history has been mainly inferred from ancient mythological placement of her as Demeter’s daughter and Hades wife. She has rarely been addressed outside of the context of her connection to these two more infamous individuals....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Summary
- As we enter into the new millennium, the dreams of a fading era carry us all to an uncertain destination. The modern age has in no way resolved the human crisis, which is not significantly different except in terms of scale and severity, than the tragedies...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
Slang Terms is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Slang Terms books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Is Facebook building a dictionary of slang terms?
- New York: Social media giant Facebook is reportedly working on a software that will be capable of building a dictionary of slang terms used on the social networking website.
- Facebook Patents Software To Track and Identify New Slang Terms
- Facebook has been granted a patent for a software that will gather data from users posts and messages to identify new lingo. Zuckerberg, with great power comes great responsibility.
- 14 Teen Slang Terms Decoded For Middle-Age Parents
- But times and slang have changed. Nowadays, to properly understand texts from your kid, it's helpful to know what they are talking about. Everybody knows someone (else) who mistook LOL to mean "lots of love" instead of "laugh out loud.
- Menstruation study finds over 5000 slang terms for 'period'
- Euphemisms for periods were found in 10 different languages, while 78 per cent of participants around the world believed that slang words were used when talking about periods. France and China spoke about periods in 91 per cent slang terms, followed by ...
- Period has 5000 slang terms
- Denmark gets inventive with "Der Er Kommunister i Lysthuset" ("There are communists in the funhouse") and women in South Africa might say "Granny's stuck in traffic".
Slang Terms Topics
Related searchesudp hole punching
torsten frings personal
im ok youre ok transactional analysis
k r narayanan origins