A selection of articles related to slavic folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Slavic Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Slavic Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- So What is a Blue Moon?
- We are not having any Blue Moons this year but the experts say that year 2001 will have an official "Blue Moon" in November. Your geographic location can make a difference to your experience of a Blue Moon. Depending on your longitude you may go...
Astrology >> The Moon
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Slavic Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Slavic Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Debut fiction: Secrets and lies set the scenes for first-time novelists
- An American student heavily saddled with debt travels to a remote town in rural Bulgaria, where Turkish, Greek and Slavic cultures intersect, in search of his inheritance. Again, as with The Other Mrs Walker, two ...
- Giving Eugene Hütz a headache
- Robert Shami Start wearing purple, but stop asking Eugene Hütz (pictured front right with the rest of the band) political questions, because that shit irks him. I thought my plan was clever — get Eugene Hütz on the phone and ask him about global politics.
- Doghead: is it culturally appropriate?
- While the tradition of Doghead isn't longstanding—I was born the year it started—it remains a vital part of Mule folklore. In 2004, when ...
- The Snow Maiden of Slavic Folklore: Magical Characters of Winter from Russia
- Ded Moroz, translated to (Grand)father Frost, or Old Man Frost, is a legendary Slavic character that makes his rounds every New Year's Eve. Along with his companion, Snegurochka (Snow Maiden), he brings delight to children as the two provide the little ...
- From Slavic folklore to Sookie Stackhouse, new course will study vampire
- LAWRENCE – A University of Kansas professor hopes the allure of vampires will tempt students to learn more about the region of the world from which Dracula hails. This spring, the Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures is offering the course “The ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Slavic Folklore Topics
Related searcheslise skjk brk
nitrate effects on fish
paragliding thermal flying
odysseus journey home to ithaca
english irregular verbs origin