A selection of articles related to slavic folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Slavic Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Slavic Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- So What is a Blue Moon?
- We are not having any Blue Moons this year but the experts say that year 2001 will have an official "Blue Moon" in November. Your geographic location can make a difference to your experience of a Blue Moon. Depending on your longitude you may go...
Astrology >> The Moon
Slavic Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Slavic Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- SLAV 148 Introduction to Slavic Folklore
- 2009 Spring. 1. NOTE: Topics focus on Slavic folklore (i.
- Forum: Russian Folk Art Under Lenin and Stalin
- Transformation of a Russian Folk Choir*. Susannah Lockwood Smith. The curtain opens.
- ON THE METHODS OF CONSTRUCTING A - Folklore.ee
- Key words: mythology, lunar spots, Slavic folklore.
Suggested News Resources
- More, please
- It turns out that the woman is a witch (she is called Bella Yagga, an ironic play on the Baba Yaga hag of Slavic folklore) and the man (Mandrake) has demons at his beck and call.
Suggested Web Resources
- Slavic Folklore: Vampires and Werewolves
- Slavic Folklore: Vampires and Werewolves supernatural figures with clear connections to Slavic and East European folklore - the werewolf and the vampire.
- Russian Folklore--Links
- Feb 25, 2009 Slavic and East European Folklore Association (SEEFA); Russian Folklore & Culture A useful page maintained by Sang Hyun Kim.
- Amazon.com: Slavic Folklore: A Handbook (Greenwood Folklore
- Amazon.com: Slavic Folklore: A Handbook (Greenwood Folklore Handbooks) ( 9780313336102): Natalie Kononenko: Books.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Slavic Folklore Topics
Related searchescartoon physics examples
dream dictionary penis
gottfried leibniz works
dakelh way of life