A selection of articles related to slavs.
Original articles from our library related to the Slavs. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Slavs.
- West Slavonic. A God of the woods; he has no idol or image, but is considered to be manifest throughout the forest primeval. His sacred day is Tuesday. Among the Baltic Slavs (whose name for him was Prove), especially in the area around Stargard, He was...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- West Slavonic Goddess of life vigour. She was chief goddess of the Western Slavs....
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
Slavs is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Slavs books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE MAKING OF THE SLAVS
- The making of the slavs: history and archaeology of the Lower Danube Region, c.
- Slavs in Fredegar and Paul the Deacon: medieval gensor `scourge
- This article presents a new interpretation of the accounts of Slavs given mental use of the Slavs in the domestic a¡airs of the Frankish and.
- The Slavs and the East; 1965
- of the Slavs in antiquity; earliest records; first journeys to the.
Suggested News Resources
- The Return of the Cossacks: Russia's Warrior Clan Wants Its Old Country Back
- The one exception, at least in Europe, would seem to be the Cossacks — the war-obsessed people of Slavs from southern Russia who have been fighting since the 17th century in the name of the Tsar, the Motherland or the Russian Orthodox Church.
- Marblehead plans International Days
- BY NOLAN ROSENKRANS Marblehead isn't just for the Slavs anymore, Grant McCallum, organizer of the upcoming International Days, says.
- A restorer of the Ukrainian nation
- Slavs settled there much later. In view of this, Braichevsky insisted, the indigene inhabitants of those territories were the ancestors of each of the Eastern Slavic peoples that would settle there later.
Suggested Web Resources
- Slavic peoples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Slavic people are an Indo-European ethno-linguistic group, living mainly in Eastern Europe, Central and Southeast Europe.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Slavs
- Slavs. At present the customary name for all the Slavonic races is Slav. This name did not appear in history until a late period, but it has superseded all others .
- Ancient Slavs
- The Ancient Slavs: Early Slavic Weapons, Wariors and Warfare. Slav military tactics, oranization and society.
- Slavic Gene - the genetic origin of the Slavs and of the Slavic race
- Enclosed pictures and maps show the common genetic origin of all Slavs. Slavs are not only a nation, but a unique race of people.
Related searcheshellenic period
max weber works
holless wilbur allen
kana history of kana