A selection of articles related to slum population.
Original articles from our library related to the Slum Population. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Slum Population.
- The Earthmind Material
- Part 1 | Part 2 Author's Note All references made in the first person(s) herein, are grammatical conveniences created for the sake of the reader. Such words as "I", "OUR", and "I/WE" are therefore not meant to be taken as literal...
Mind >> World Mind
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
Slum Population is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Slum Population books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Table 4 Slum population projection 1990-2020 (based on slum
- Table 4 Slum population projection 1990-2020 (based on slum annual growth rate (1990-2001)) a. Slum population (thousands).
- Huque final-ITC- Slum Mapping_Bangladesh
- Basic Data on Slums. Six major cities. Total population of the cities 15.
- Kolkata, India
- cities of India with their total population, their slum popu- lation and the . Figure 2: Decadal Change in Total and Slum population in Kolkata. 0.
- Population Bulletin 61.3 - India's Population Reality: Reconciling
- tematic enumeration of the urban slum population for. Table 5. Urban and Rural Population in India, 1901–2001.
- SLUM POPULATION OF DISTRICTS & ULBs - UTTAR PRADESH
- RCUES, Lucknow. 65. SLUM POPULATION OF DISTRICTS & ULBs - UTTAR PRADESH.
Suggested News Resources
- Slum Population in the Country
- She said, as the Census 2011 slum figures are not available, it is not possible to indicate the growth in the slum population. The Minister said, the existing urban planning models and urban land policies are one of the key reasons for growth of slums.
- Slum dunk: Carting away poor from cities will be costly error, say experts
- Despite having the largest slum population in the world, India till recently did not have a common accepted definition of the most prevalent form of living in urban areas.
- Karachi's crime malaise
- Its weary residents have had to put up with a multitude of problems, including a huge slum population, frequent power cuts and poor infrastructure. However, few cities have as bad a reputation for crime, particularly street crime, as Karachi.
- KENYA: "Perfect storm" brewing among urban poor
- "Since we are only reaching 33 percent of the slum population we know there are likely to be lots more people not getting help," said communications manager Elizabeth Wright. “Everything is sort of combining for a perfect storm,” Wright told IRIN.
- Stop demolitions
- He noted that from 2000 to 2006, slum population rose at an annual rate of over 3.5 percent compared to urban population growth rate of 2.3 percent.
Suggested Web Resources
- Slum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- However, due to rising population, and the rise especially in urban populations, the number of slum dwellers is rising.
- UNdata | record view | Slum population in urban areas
- Sep 15, 2010 Slum population in urban areas Go to Search glossaries.
Slum Population Topics