A selection of articles related to smartha brahmins.
Original articles from our library related to the Smartha Brahmins. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Smartha Brahmins.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Hinduism: An Overview
- Hinduism is believed to be the oldest organized religion in the world. It ranks as the third largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam.
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
Smartha Brahmins is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Smartha Brahmins books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Lifescapes of India Religions, Customs, and Laws of India
- 3.3 THE BRAHMIN SUBCASTES OR SUBGROUPS OF KARNATAKA 3.4.
- Chapter Five The Bounds of Agency: Engaging the Space of
- recommendations of the Commission.
- Attn: Dr
- The Hari-hara (Half Vishnu – Half Siva) is flourished among South Indian smartha Brahmins. The very same practice was in existence at Siam even in 7th C.A.
- Genetic variation and population structure of interleukin genes
- ters, priest (Brahmins: Havyak, Iyengar and Smartha), mer- chant (Vaisya), and agricultural class (Bunt, Lingayat and. 190. Journal of Genetics, Vol.
Suggested News Resources
- Reforms in the house of God
- In a State where even Jain temples are managed under a Hindu Act as approved by courts, accepting Dikshitars, who have many cultural commonalities with Smartha Brahmins, as a religious denomination, is bound to be contested.
Suggested Web Resources
- Smartism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Only a section of south Indian brahmins call themselves Smartas now.
- Brahmin Smartha Matrimonial - 123 Matrimonials
- Brahmin Smartha Matrimonials - Completely Free Matrimonial Site for Brahmin Smartha Brides & Grooms.