- Digging up station history
- "We actually named a type of Dunnart that is extinct found out here after the station - the Sminthopsis Floravillenis.
- Biodiversity hot spot: The southwest of Western Australia
- A honey possum inches its way across a yellow banksia flower, a furry ball of quivering energy that flicks its long tongue into the blossom. It feasts on pollen grains and nectar and, in return, rewards the flower with the act of pollination.
- Australian endangered species list
- ACCORDING TO THE IUCN Red List of endangered species, Australia has 86 animal species that are considered Critically Endangered. A species is considered Critically Endangered by the ICUN (International Union for the Conservation of Nature) if it ...
- Unburnt habitat needed to safeguard animal diversity
- The research found five species, including the Fat-tailed Dunnart Sminthopsis crassicaudata (a small marsupial) and Desert Skink (Liopholis inornata), were most abundant in recently burned habitat, that is between eight and 13 years post-fire.
- Australian endangered species: Kangaroo Island Dunnart
- The Kangaroo Island Dunnart (Sminthopsis aitkeni) is an example of a critically endangered island mammal. It was previously thought to be a population of the Common Dunnart (Sminthopsis murina), but morphological and genetic studies revealed it to be a ...
Sminthopsis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sminthopsis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheswitch issues titles and storylines
state of play plot
transient in computer science
finchley famous people