A selection of articles related to smorgasbord etymology.
Original articles from our library related to the Smorgasbord Etymology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Smorgasbord Etymology.
- Last year I wrote the Hagalaz article while snowed in. Later in the year I somehow managed to get the Nauthiz article written. (Library School is going well, got 3 A's and a B, should be finished by the end of 99, and in the spirit of Wunjo, a moderate "h...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Norse God of Mischief, Trickery. Divine Catalyst, Breaker of Stagnation, Force for change. Giant brother of Odin. Loki wavers between a weal-bringing culture-hero/trickster and a woe-bringing destroyer. He is responsible for getting the gods most of their...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Smorgasbord Etymology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Smorgasbord Etymology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Smorgasbord of Inverse Problems
- Function: noun. Etymology: from Swedish smö rgås (open sandwich) + bord ( table). Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary.
- dizzyingly diverse in origin, aroma, and taste, including peanut satay, adona perplexed by the night's international smorgasbord of meat skewers.
- An International Menu
- Objective: Students will use dictionaries to research etymologies and explore the diverse origins of common foods we eat. Background.
- Compreh Passages
- Yid, another word for Jew, has a distinguished historical origin, coming from ...
- MA Newsletter S03
- stated that the etymology of smorgasbord is found in the Swedish smörgåsbord, in which smörgås refers to an open sandwich and bord in reference to a table.
Suggested Web Resources
- smorgasbord - Online Etymology Dictionary
- The Online Etymology Dictionary. Search: Search Mode, Natural 1893, from Swed. smörgåsbord "open sandwich table," lit.
- An Etymological Smorgasbord Game - Play Fun Trivia Quiz
- Are you a word lover? Here are a diverse group of questions relating to word origins. - trivia quiz game.
- An Etymological Smorgasbord Quiz - Etymology
- Jun 1, 2004 Are you a word lover?
- smorgasbord: Definition from Answers.com
- A medley or miscellany. Etymology From Swedish Smörgåsbord, from smörgås ( bread and butter), from smör (butter) + gås (goose, lump of butter) + bord (table).
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Smorgasbord Etymology Topics
Related searchesdental fillings resin-ionomer cement
la malinche life
porridge traditions and uses
appeal to ridicule
canyonlands national park geography