A selection of articles related to smuts hall.
Original articles from our library related to the Smuts Hall. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Smuts Hall.
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Subliminal Persuasion: References
- (1957). " Persuaders' Get Deeply 'Hidden' Tool: Subliminal Projection " Advertising Age , Vol 37, page 127, September 16, 1957. Benes, Kathryn M.., Gutkin, Terry B., Decker, T. Newell, (1990) "The effects of mellow and frenetic music on...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- Hel, Hela
- Norse Goddess of Death, Ruler of the underworld. Teutonic Goddess of the kingdom of the dead, not considered as a place of punishment. Daughter of Loki and Angurboda, and sister of the Midgard serpent of the ocean encircling the Earth, and of the devouring...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 18
- Chapter 18 18:1 When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples. 18:2 And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus ofttimes resorted...
New Testament >> John
- Ancient Egyptian Wisdom
- FROM THE BOOK OF THE DEAD "Hail to thee, great lord of justice. I have come to you, my lord, that thou may bring me so that I may see your beauty, for I know thou and I know your name, and I know the names of the fourty-two Gods of those who are with...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Welcome to the Perthro column of Rune-of-the-Month Club. Perthro is the Rune for the sound represented by the Roman letter “P.” This is the sixth Rune of the second Aett, hence the fourteenth Rune, so we are moving right along! Perthro is the reconstructed...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Smuts Hall is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Smuts Hall books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Jan Smuts just like Rhodes - UCT students
- Cape Town - A small group of protesting University of Cape Town students spray painted the busts of General Jan Smuts and Maria Emmeline Barnard Fuller red on Monday, saying they did not want to see the painful symbols of white colonial repression.
- Oxford University students march through the city in a bid to get a statue of
- Yesterday, Cambridge University agreed to remove the Benin Bronze cockerel statue from public view in its dining hall, and will start discussions about whether to repatriate it to Africa.
- Benin bronze row: Cambridge college removes cockerel
- A controversial bronze cockerel that was looted from Africa in the 19th century and has long stood in the hall of a Cambridge college has been removed following calls from students for it to be repatriated.
- GroundUp Report: Rhodes Must Fall protesters burn UCT art
- The situation escalated on Tuesday after protesters removed and burnt artworks from Fuller Hall and Smuts Hall residences as well as Jameson Hall, and attempted to prevent public order police and private security from demolishing the shack. Police and ...
- Angry UCT students set artworks alight - PICS
- Cape Town - UCT students, frustrated with the housing crisis and other challenges, set paintings and a plaque from the Smuts Hall residence alight at the foot of Jameson stairs on Tuesday.