A selection of articles related to snake venom.
Original articles from our library related to the Snake Venom. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Snake Venom.
- Lachesis (Venom from the Surucucu snake)
- This remedy is made of the poison of the Surucucu,the Bushmaster, a very aggressive and poisonous snake, with the Latin name Trigonocephalus Lachesis. In many cultures the snake symbolizes the instinctive forces in us, our "beastly" and emotional...
Remedies >> Remedies L
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Norse God of Mischief, Trickery. Divine Catalyst, Breaker of Stagnation, Force for change. Giant brother of Odin. Loki wavers between a weal-bringing culture-hero/trickster and a woe-bringing destroyer. He is responsible for getting the gods most of their...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- It's been less than two weeks since I wrote the article for Jera; so it looks like I'm back on track. This Rune is both fascinating and multifaceted! Both the Sheils and Edred Thorsson identify Eihwaz with Yggdrasil, the Norse World Tree or Cosmic Axis. The...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- The Book of the Law, Liber 220, Part II
- II;1. Nu! the hiding of Hadit. II;2. Come! all ye, and learn the secret that hath not yet been revealed. I, Hadit, am the complement of Nu, my bride. I am not extended, and Khabs is the name of my House. II;3. In the sphere I am everywhere the centre,...
Thelema >> The Book of the Law
Snake Venom is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Snake Venom books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Venomous Snakes
- From the Utah State University Cooperative Extension.
- Human anti-snake venom IgG antibodies in a previously bitten
- Snake venom. Death adder. Immunoglobulin.
- The lrula tribal snake venom extraction cooperative
- 11. The lrula tribal snake venom extraction cooperative. 1.
- Snake Venom Toxins
- Amino acid sequence studies of snake venom toxins include two types of neurotoxins and cardiotoxins.
- Putting the Brakes on Snake Venom Evolution: The Unique
- venom gland in comparison to equivalent terrestrial and other marine snakes. As there is no Introduction.
Suggested News Resources
- Smugglers Deliver Deadly Bite Into Snake Population
- By P. Vijian CHENNAI, Aug 27 (Bernama) -- Smugglers of snake venom are delivering a deadly bite into the reptile population in India, threatening to destroy its existence over the lucrative trade.
- Kerala hub of snake venom smuggling
- By Gilvester Assary The latest incident was reported on Monday when five persons were nabbed in Kannur with snake venom. Officials say this is just the tip of the iceberg as many gangs dealing in snake venom are operating across the State.
- The Bizarre Things Mila Kunis Will Do To Stay Gorgeous
- Stars like Mila and Angelina Jolie are supposedly having bizarre facial treatments with names like 'Vampire Facelift' , 'Leech Therapy' and 'Snake Venom Injection'. These risky procedures aren't for your regular consumer.
- Snake venom facials, bird droppings: The bizarre rituals of the stars who'll
- By Jenny Stocks As unlikely as it may seem, Simon Cowell likes to start the day by climbing a tree. He recently revealed it has become a ritual of his. He believes that the childish pastime sets him up for the long day ahead.
- Jennifer Lopez, Demi Moore, Victoria Beckham, Gwyneth Paltrow use leeches and
- Gwyneth Paltrow, 38, is addicted to the snake venom treatment. Dannii, 39, and Kylie Minogue, 43, often use bee venom masks. This treatment involves applying a face mask based on the human placenta (collected from Russian maternity wards).
Suggested Web Resources
- Snake venom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Snake venom is highly modified saliva that is produced by special glands of certain species of snakes.
- The Reptipage: Snake venom
- In snakes venom has found a new use, for offense. Since snake prey generally has the advantage of speed (not to say that snakes can't be speedy.
- How Snake Venom Works | Popular Science
- Mar 6, 2008 This snake is one long poison factory; here's how his venom attacks your cells, blood and nervous system.
- Poisonous Animals: What is Snake Venom?
- What is Snake Venom?
- Venomous Snakes
- Explains what venom is and introduces common types of venomous (poisonous) snakes. From the Pelotes Island Nature Preserve.
Snake Venom Topics
Related searchesfalse cobra
pawpaw medicinal properties
hispania tarraconensis exports
visuddhimagga seven steps
olvera street history