A selection of articles related to snorri sturluson.
Original articles from our library related to the Snorri Sturluson. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Snorri Sturluson.
- Asatru, an Ancient Religion Reborn
- "Asatru" (often known as "Heathenism," "Germanic Paganism," "Elder Troth," and other names) means "faith in the Aesir", which are the Gods of pre-Christian Scandinavia. The other Germanic peoples (Goths,...
Religions >> Asatru
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Welcome to the Rune-of-the-Month Club! Ingwaz is the sixth rune of the third aett, and the twenty-second rune of the Elder Futhark as a whole. Its sound is that of the English “ng.” Like Thurisaz, it represents a sound written by two letters in the Roman...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Snorri Sturluson is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Snorri Sturluson books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- A demon ate the sun: How solar eclipses inspired superstition
- People would attempt to retrieve the temporarily stolen sun by making as much noise as possible, so as to scare the wolf into abandoning his meal, according to the 13th-century Icelandic author Snorri Sturluson, who wrote the book "Tales from Norse ...
- Viking Chief Tore Hund and his successful resistance against Christian conversion
- According to the 13 th century Heimskringla: The Chronicle of the Kings of Norway by Snorri Sturluson, Olaf went around forcing free people to convert to Christianity with violence and threats.
- An Icelandair employee and see the island through the eyes of a local
- A proud Icelander, he was keen to show off the country's surprising history with a quick stop at the former home of Snorri Sturluson - one of the most famous Icelanders of all time.
- Demonii care devorează Soarele: Superstiții inspirate de fenomenele de eclipsă solară
- Astfel, în timpul unei eclipse, nordicii încercau să salveze Soarele făcând cât mai mult zgomot pentru a speria lupul Skoll, conform autorului islandez din secolul XIII Snorri Sturluson.
- Skaldi, un recueil jeunesse de contes de la mythologie nordique
- Les éditions du Lore publient Skaldi qui est un livre de contes de mythologie nordique tirés des récits de l'Edda de Snorri Sturluson. « Ils décrivent un univers mental européen aristocratique antérieur au christianisme et à la décadence moderne.
Related searchesemoticon complex examples
redox other examples
collatz conjecture in reverse
gnomeregan instance zone