A selection of articles related to social custom.
Original articles from our library related to the Social Custom. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Social Custom.
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- An Essay on Sex and Sex Magick: Liber Conjunctus / Liber Two
- SEX Sex begins and ends at Conception. For those loving people who have chosen to so Conceive, the lustful Penetration, the willing Acceptance has its finale when Sperma conjuncts Ovum. The Fruit of this Union transforms the relationship that an individual...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
- The Social Navigator Tarot Spread
- or "Who are these people and what do they want from me?" As a long time reader with an overly demanding practice, one area related to my gifts has become a constant source of confusion, disappointment, exploitation and betrayal for me. What I have...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Jesus Christ! You’re acting like one of those Christians
- "He drew a circle that shut me out— Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But Love and I had the wit to win; We drew a circle that took him in!" – Edwin Markham The room was filled with Pagans, Witches and a few Asatru. The discussion had flowed from &qu...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 3
- WAKE UP, GET DRESSED & MOVE OUT The search for Truth and meaning that occasionally marked the philosophies of the ancient world, appears to be in a state of serious decline in the present day. In our institutions of psychology and philosophy, there is...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Social Custom is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Social Custom books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Affiliation promotes the transmission of a social custom: handclasp
- 1958) and the transmission of preferred social partners from mothers to daughters (de Waal 1990, 1996), have also been reported.
- The Free Rider Problem and a Social Custom Model of Trade Union
- The Free Rider Problem and a Social Custom Model of Trade Union. Membership. Alison L.
- REFERENCIAS - Akerlof. (1980). “A Theory of Social Custom, of
- “A Theory of Social Custom, of Wich Unemployement may be One. Consequence ”. Quarterly journal of Economics , 94, 749-775 .
- 4. Social customs hang together to make up a meaningful
- Every social system has certain needs for the mainte- nance of the system. 2.
Suggested News Resources
- Losing a Friend
- The friend is likely to feel somewhat isolated in this sorrow compared to family members, whose loss is more clearly recognized in social custom and traditions.
- Why it's healthy for couples to stay on OKCupid
- In many Eastern cultures, concubinage was integral rather than peripheral or parallel to marriage, and concubines' duties and rights were spelled out in the law or in social custom.
- The Art of Tipping: Customs and Traditions Explained to Expats
- Such payments and their size are a matter of social custom and tipping rules vary by country, by region, and by scenario. The amount of a tip is usually at the discretion of the patron being served.
- Movie Review: The Tree of Life
- Pitt's Mr O'Brien is a man whose rage is tightly bound in a web of social custom, and when it breaks free we feel, like the boys, that we stare uncomprehending into an abyss.
Suggested Web Resources
- Face (sociological concept) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The term face may be defined as the positive social value a person .
- Traditions Customs Rituals
- Jan 11, 2009 Tradition: An inherited, established, or customary pattern of thought, action, or behavior (as a religious practice or social custom).