A selection of articles related to social norms.
Original articles from our library related to the Social Norms. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Social Norms.
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- An Essay on Sex and Sex Magick: Liber Conjunctus / Liber Two
- SEX Sex begins and ends at Conception. For those loving people who have chosen to so Conceive, the lustful Penetration, the willing Acceptance has its finale when Sperma conjuncts Ovum. The Fruit of this Union transforms the relationship that an individual...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Jesus Christ! You’re acting like one of those Christians
- "He drew a circle that shut me out— Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But Love and I had the wit to win; We drew a circle that took him in!" – Edwin Markham The room was filled with Pagans, Witches and a few Asatru. The discussion had flowed from &qu...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The Social Navigator Tarot Spread
- or "Who are these people and what do they want from me?" As a long time reader with an overly demanding practice, one area related to my gifts has become a constant source of confusion, disappointment, exploitation and betrayal for me. What I have...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
Social Norms is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Social Norms books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Mother of five works from home to break barriers, challenge social norms
- SALT — As a woman living in one of Jordan's oldest cities, where people still hold on to the traditional image of women, Um Mohammad has broken the stereotypes and challenged social norms to reach her goal. Born in September 1968, Fatima Zou'bi, who ...
- Countries with tight social norms innovate less in the international arena
- In a recent paper, we looked at the novel construct of cultural tightness — the extent to which a country is characterised by strong social norms and low tolerance for deviant behaviours — of both an innovator's country and the audience's country.
- Social Norms Aren't Global Norms: Coming to Terms with My Version of Masculinity
- The cards were stacked against me when it came to abiding by my culture's norms for masculinity. I was born in southern Indiana, where there was a little bit of football and a whole lot of basketball.
- Social Norms Campaign: How Much Do Students Actually Drink?
- The partying college student stereotype is so prevalent in the the media that it's easy to see why many people assume it to be accurate. However, did you know that a third of Central students choose to not drink at all?
- Making Investments in Maternal Nutrition and Sanitation and Changing Social
- The Survey says that the breast-feeding example illustrates how some investments by the state can lead to tangible changes in social norms in a relatively short period of time. Programs like Janani Suraksha Yojana and other schemes under the Integrated ...