A selection of articles related to societal norms.
Original articles from our library related to the Societal Norms. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Societal Norms.
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Views of Deity
- Robin and I leaned against the rock. The moon shone full on the rippling waters of the lake behind us, and the night was redolent with the drums and songs of our people. What a night! As the night enfolded us, we quietly discussed the ritual we had just come...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Societal Norms is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Societal Norms books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Where Do Social Norms Come From?
- understanding the emergence of social norms is provided.
- Hyperfriendship and Beyond: Friends and Social Norms on
- research on the development or existence of social norms and codes governing the public articulation of relationships.
- Social Norms Approach to Preventing Binge Drinking on College
- A Social Norms Approach to Preventing Binge. Drinking at Colleges and. Universities.
Suggested News Resources
- Bonnaroo Culture Pardons Societal Norms, Music
- By Arianna Skibell Posted: 08/22/2011 The Mushroom shower is conveniently located at the center of Bonnaroo. It not only provides an easy way to stay cool in the heat, but it also serves as a meeting point for separated friends to find each other.
- Unique Ways of Using Nature in Your Décor
- It can be the ultimate challenge to have a décor that reflects personal taste while still fitting in with societal norms. One way to achieve that is to use nature in decorating.
- Tom Walsh: Repair culture to fix economy
- Erosion of old societal norms didn't start with Obama or Bush. There's no simple switch to instantly flick our economy into growth mode.
- Nigeria: Girl-Child Warned Against Drug Abuse
- Every leader has a woman around him. This programme is to instill confidence in the girl-child to be able to tackle the challenges facing her." She said a woman who derails in the societal norms may find it difficult to find her rhythm again in life.
- Bullying a top concern at Tulsa-area schools
- All of that has led to shifts in societal norms. It is now recognized for what it is, which is (something that is) wrong." The term "bullying" wasn't even in Tulsa Public Schools policy before 2010-11.
Suggested Web Resources
- Norm (social) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Social norms are the accepted behaviors within a society or group.
- Social Norms
- These are the rules that a group uses for appropriate and inappropriate values, beliefs, attitudes and behaviors. These rules may be explicit or implicit.
- Social Norms (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- Mar 1, 2011 Social norms, the customary rules that govern behavior in groups and societies, have been extensively studied in the social sciences.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.