A selection of articles related to societal.
Original articles from our library related to the Societal. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Societal.
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Should we drop the ego?
- One of the most confusing subjects within many spiritual teachings is that of the ego, what is it and how should we deal with it. Within these teachings the ego is often regarded as a separate and negative entity, being the cause of all our suffering and...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Societal is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Societal books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Societal Costs of Underage Drinking*
- Our cost estimates adopted a societal viewpoint and a cost framework similar to those of Manning et al. (1991). Unlike Manning et al.
- 6 Nanotechnology and Societal Transformation
- This paper was presented at the National Science and. Technology Council Workshop on Societal Implications of Nanoscience and. Nanotechnology, Sept.
- Engaging Higher Education in Societal Challenges of the 21st Century
- societal need has been a driving force in the founding and evolution of higher education institutions.
- Committee on the Societal and Economic Impacts of Severe Space
- ability to manage the effects of space weather events and their societal and economic societal activities and light the way to future analyses and assessments.
Suggested News Resources
- Societal ills – States cannot 'police their way out' of recurrent socio
- By Freeman Thurston In previous communications here, I have lamented the waste...both of victims, and criminals...when our young men maim, terrorize, and even kill each other and, sadly, other "innocent" by-standers alike.
- Pack to school
- By Ray Routhier firstname.lastname@example.org The idea of a youngster skipping off to school with an armful of books is fast becoming nothing more than a quaint piece of societal history. The Deluxe Book Pack is LL Bean's most popular student backpack.
- Education for development
- Societal actors at all levels must be brought to understand and internalise the fact that true development is impossible without challenging and improving the quality of mindsets.
- 9/11 memories will stay with us
- The date has become permanently imprinted in the minds of countless Americans -- spanning demographics, generations and all other societal labels. The next number is four, normally a small number that isn't viewed as carrying much weight.
- Letter: Serious societal problem calls for serious solution
- By Charles Gladle For me to write this is truly difficult but I feel it is necessary. You have to be a fool if you do not see American culture failing. The reasons are many, but I am only going to deal with one.
Suggested Web Resources
- societal - definition of societal by the Free Online Dictionary
- Of or relating to the structure, organization, or functioning of society. so·ci e·tal·ly adv. societal [səˈsaɪətəl].
- Societal - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- Definition of SOCIETAL. : of or relating to society : social <societal forces>. — so· ci·e·tal·ly \-təl-ē\ adverb.
- Societal | Define Societal at Dictionary.com
- Societal definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!
- societal - Wiktionary
- societal. Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Jump to: navigation, search.