Socrates Socratic Method
A selection of articles related to socrates socratic method.
Original articles from our library related to the Socrates Socratic Method. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Socrates Socratic Method.
- A Treatise on Astral Projection, Part 3: The Rope Techniques
- A key ingredient to the new projection techniques is an invisible, imaginary ROPE hanging from your ceiling. This ROPE will be used to exert dynamic pressure at a single point on your astral body to force its separation from the physical. The ROPE technique...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- An Overview of Different Types of Scrying
- Scrying is a method of divination. It consists of gazing into a crystal, a mirror or some water for example, anything shiny really, in order to enter altered mind states...A good cliché that best describes scrying is the gypsy fortune-teller and her large...
Divination >> Scrying
- Psychic Protection - Barriers
- Introduction: The countermeasures given in these short articles are extremely basic. They only contain the bare bones of what is necessary to use them. To understand the principles behind these countermeasures, please get a copy of 'Practical Psychic Self-Defe...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Protection
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- Question the Premises of Society and Science
- Question the ultimate validity of the basic premises of society, in particular, scientific theory. Do not accept concepts or statements as truthful simply due to weight of tradition or learned opinion. The synthesis of these statements is a healthy skepticism...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 6
- AS THE WORM TURNS Health and well being are part of the natural birthright of the human being. With all of its organs intact, the right diet, exercise and mental focus, a human body can overcome any disease. Even so, the effects of living in this...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Discovery and Development of Reiki
- "The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of wellbeing becomes." The Dalai Lama The traditional story of the discovery of Reiki is as historically correct as the biblical report of the life of Jesus - it is molded and...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
Socrates Socratic Method is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Socrates Socratic Method books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- FROM THE PULPIT: Humility is a strength, not a weakness
- Starting from my middle teenage years I became very enamored of philosophy. I avidly read Plato's dialogues and loved “the Socratic method,” that is Socrates' manner of helping people arrive at their own conclusions by asking them questions that would ...
- WNY's tiny schools attract those dissatisfied with traditional education
- “Socrates knows very well that he will be condemned at some point, but he's not going to stop living a just life. (That) will ...
- Socrates Sentenced to be his Own Executioner
- His biggest contribution to modern philosophy however, was the methods he deployed in his analyses. The Socratic method was built around dialetical questioning to test and improve a hypothesis. It didn't rely on the philosopher delivering a complete ...
- Using sandwiches to teach the Socratic method
- Well Socrates… a hot dog is something very like a sandwich, and yet it does not seem to me to be exactly a sandwich either, somehow. I see where you have misunderstood—let me clarify. A sandwich consists of some edible material, in between TWO pieces ...
- Legaspi: The difference between moral and ethical
- The great Socrates once thought that one should “know thyself” before going into anything else. He introduced the Socratic method or what is known today as “introspection.” This would mean that one should look into oneself and settle issues of the self.