A selection of articles related to socrates.
Original articles from our library related to the Socrates. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Socrates.
- A Cup of Hemlock: Dealing with Conflict in Coven and Congregation
- There have always been those folks who point out our foibles, and make us take an uncomfortable look at our world, as well as those who simply had the misfortune to point out the obvious when it was unwelcome. Then there are troublemakers, folks who go out of...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Question the Premises of Society and Science
- Question the ultimate validity of the basic premises of society, in particular, scientific theory. Do not accept concepts or statements as truthful simply due to weight of tradition or learned opinion. The synthesis of these statements is a healthy skepticism...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Conium maculatum (Poison Hemlock)
- In ancient Greece Poison Hemlock was a regularly used punishment for criminals. In 399 BC the great philosopher Socrates was killed this way; his crime consisted of teaching people to think for themselves - a great evil in old dictatorial Greece. Thanks to...
Remedies >> Remedies C
Socrates is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Socrates books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Version 8 SOCRATES The Stages of Change Readiness and
- SOCRATES is an experimental instrument designed to assess readiness for SOCRATES Scoring Form the numbers circled by the respondent for each item.
- AJP Journal - Socrates - University of California, Berkeley
- Meno's Paradox of Inquiry and Socrates' Theory of Recollection
- solution to this paradox, Socrates proposes his “Theory of Recollection”.
Suggested News Resources
- Odysseus Is Parading Into Queens
- Alex Kahn inspecting a puppet at Socrates Sculpture Park, in preparation for “Odysseus at Hell Gate.” More Photos » The latest on the arts, coverage of live events, critical reviews, multimedia extravaganzas and much more. Join the discussion.
- Brazil great Socrates recovering in intensive care
- SAO PAULO: Brazil great Socrates is recovering in intensive care after suffering a stomach haemorrhage, a spokesman for the Albert Einstein Hospital revealed on Wednesday.
- Former Brazil captain Socrates in intensive care
- Socrates, the captain of the Brazil team at the 1982 World Cup Finals, is in intensive care in a Sao Paulo hospital. The 57-year-old was admitted to the Albert Einstein Hospital on Friday with gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Brazil's Socrates discharged from hospital
- SAO PAULO (AP) – Former Brazil captain Socrates has been discharged from the hospital nine days after being treated for a stomach hemorrhage. The Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo says in a statement that Socrates was discharged on Saturday.
- What Would Socrates Advise?
- As Joe noted yesterday, our friend Jordan Ballor called attention to and discussed this article about philosophical counseling.
Suggested Web Resources
- Socrates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Socrates was a classical Greek Athenian philosopher.
- Socrates (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- Sep 16, 2005 The philosopher Socrates remains, as he was in his lifetime (469–399 B.C.E.
- Aug 9, 2006 A brief discussion of the life and works of Socrates, with links to electronic texts and additional information.
- Socrates Quotes - BrainyQuote
- Share the best Quotes by Socrates with your friends and family at BrainyQuote. com.
- The Last Days of Socrates
- Socrates was a stone cutter by trade, even though there is little evidence that he did much to make a living.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesblackberry name origin
queen bee identification
women and religion
la rochelle history
wild arms 2 lilka eleniak