A selection of articles related to solitary figure.
Original articles from our library related to the Solitary Figure. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Solitary Figure.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Of Master and Discipline
- Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Commentary Part 1 The following is a fictional account of a spiritual awakening with a factual basis. This five part series is offered to promote and encourage the practices of the World Mind Society, making the...
Mind >> World Mind
- The First Congregational Church of Wicca
- Witchcraft is a religion of field and grove, river and stream. In coven or individually, we perform rituals to renew our connections with the Goddess and God. However, what suits one may not answer the needs of another. This need is being satisfied by a new...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Archetypal Astrology
- Jungian Psychology | Archetypal Astrology | The Myths The Horoscope What is below is like what is above. And what is above is like what is below, so that the miracle of the One may be accomplished. -Tabula Smaragdina This is not an explanation of all the...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Sensible Ideas: The Knowledge Behind the Perception
- Do objects exist independently of consciousness? If so, what is the nature of these objects? These questions shall be investigated through the conflicting philosophies of John Locke and George Berkeley. Preliminary Quotations from Locke and Berkeley: Primary...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Why are some experts skeptical about subliminal influence?
- There was once a legitimate scientific controversy over whether subliminal perception really occurs or not. The question was whether someone can perceive something unconsciously. All kinds of experiments were performed to try to prove that we were...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
Solitary Figure is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Solitary Figure books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Syngman Rhee, a stern and solitary figure, its ex-president, who was
- Syngman Rhee, a stern and solitary figure, the very embodiment of the nationalist government.
- Darker Shades of Malgudi: Solitary Figures of Modernity in the
- Darker Shades of Malgudi.
- solitary or social?
- The image of The sailor and The sea brings to mind the solitary figure alone in his element.
- Creating the MuseuM of new MexiCo
- Just after dark in late November 1884, a solitary figure trudged towards the dim lights at the northern outskirts of Santa Fe.
- The Shepherd on the Hill
- The solitary figure in the landscape can be understood in relation to certain, fundamentally.
Suggested News Resources
- All Blacks: Vito gets his timing just right
- While Messam was cutting a solitary figure as he made his way out of Auckland Airport last night following his exit from the All Blacks squad, Vito was quietly celebrating his good fortune.
- Hungerfords Celebrate Three Generations with WHYBL
- Scott Caricato, Rookiepix.com A solitary figure stands adjacent to the third-base dugout at Wolcott Park, the ballpark he helped consecrate.
- Speeding Toward Death With Ayrton Senna
- Though surrounded by cheering fans, wealthy sponsors, and beautiful women, the Grand Prix driver is an essentially solitary figure.
- Skipping work is a way of life for one 'Cirque' star
- 'Quidam' represents a nameless passer-by, a solitary figure lingering on a street corner, a person rushing past," he continues. "This show gives us a voice. It's about human beings with the emotions of joy, nostalgia, and a bit of sadness.
Suggested Web Resources
- solitary - definition of solitary by the Free Online Dictionary
- Information about solitary in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia.
- William Wordsworth's Solitary Figures in Lyrical Ballads. English
- An English Literature essay examining the solitary figures in William Wordsworth's Lyrical Ballads.
- Solitary figure says hurray!
- May 22, 2011 Solitary figure says hurray!, a photo by betsythedevine on Flickr.
- The Centered Librarian: Edward Hopper: Solitary Figure in Theatre
- Feb 22, 2011 Edward Hopper: Solitary Figure in Theatre, 1904 .