A selection of articles related to solitary insect.
Original articles from our library related to the Solitary Insect. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Solitary Insect.
- The First Congregational Church of Wicca
- Witchcraft is a religion of field and grove, river and stream. In coven or individually, we perform rituals to renew our connections with the Goddess and God. However, what suits one may not answer the needs of another. This need is being satisfied by a new...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Have a Cuppa? [About Herbal Teas]
- Through the ages, long before modern doctors prescribed a wonder drug to help us with almost every ailment, it was the witches, shamans and priests before them, that brewed up the various drinks, ointments and poultices that have kept the human race...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Astral Beings and Wildlife
- The astral dimension contains a wide variety of what could be called non-physical subtle energy life-forms; or as Carlos Castenada so aptly calls them: inorganic beings. Some of these have a positive nature (nice) and some seem have a negative nature (not so...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Self Dedication - a Ritual for You
- Self Dedication Explained Initiation is a process of "death and rebirth" - the old self dies, and the new and magickal self is born. A rite of self-dedication marks a serious commitment and dedication to the path, and should not be taken lightly....
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis)
- Rosemary stimulates the circulation and is useful to treat insect bites and stings. Internally, it helps treat headaches, and nervousness. The essential oil works great as a nasal decongestion. For spells, rosemary is good for protection and banishment....
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary R
Solitary Insect is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Solitary Insect books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Social Insects, Like Bees And Ants, May Have Weaker Immune Systems
- The "social group hypothesis" argues that the eusocial lifestyle has given eusocial insects stronger immune systems.
- The Moth illustrates department of computer engineering
- Three solitary fragments of smooth, white marble rise from the barren ground, seemingly insignificant until they're seen from the perfect angle.
- Maple trees and mason bees are signs of spring
- The mason bee's body is covered with hairs, all of which gather pollen, which is redistributed as the insect moves among flowers. Mason bees overwinter as ... They are solitary, and have nothing to defend, according to Hamilton.
- Here are four documentary trends seeping further into the mainstream
- The subject of Stone's film, for instance, is solitary, living on a hill, surrounded mainly by animals, reflecting (not always happily) on a life in which he dedicated himself to developing his land. ...
- Spring brings out young skunks in love
- The males are solitary nomads, moving from den to den. "They're blinded by love and don't see the oncoming traffic," Kays ... Skunks love digging in the dirt for this insect larva as well as worms.