A selection of articles related to soma ephedra.
Original articles from our library related to the Soma Ephedra. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Soma Ephedra.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Am I Damned?: Part 2
- CAVEAT: It is impossible to answer a "theological" question simply and correctly at the same time. The reason for this is the fact that the theological arena involves reality not only beyond our capacity to adequately express, but even beyond that,...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
Soma Ephedra is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Soma Ephedra books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Indo-European history result of interaction of Purus with western Anus
- Nithin Sridhar: Many hold that Soma or Ephedra has originated from outside India possibly from Bactrian culture and use this to show that the Aryans who composed the Vedas where Soma is important came from outside. What is your view on this? Shrikant ...
- One Aryan Myth
- Finally, the Russian archaeologist Viktor Sarianidi, discoverer of the Bactrian civilization, tested some temple vessels: Soma was the juice of the Ephedra plant, a primitive amphetamine, with traces of cannabis and poppy seeds. Calasso steps over the ...
- Was the Ramayana actually set in and around today's Afghanistan?
- But the original soma plant was to be found only in what is modern day Afghanistan and Persia or Iran. In 1951 the German historian Karl Friedrich Geldner proved that the ephedra plant was what was described as soma in the Rig Veda. Ephedrin or somras ...
- How Bronze Age rulers in Armenia got HIGH to predict the future
- The Bronze Age in the Caucasus region can be divided into two parts - the Middle Bronze Age from around 2,500 to 1500BC, and the Late Bronze Age from 1500 down to 900 BC. The earlier part is famous for its rich burials from localised cultures.
- Religion as a Product of Psychotropic Drug Use
- But what actually was soma? There were suggestions that it was ephedra or possibly cannabis, but Gordon Wasson concluded that it was Amanita muscaria. Amanita muscaria or the "fly agaric" is a large mushroom that is instantly recognizable.