A selection of articles related to soma hinduism.
Original articles from our library related to the Soma Hinduism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Soma Hinduism.
- Hinduism: An Overview
- Hinduism is believed to be the oldest organized religion in the world. It ranks as the third largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam.
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- An Overview of Karma
- Karma is a Sanskrit word than means act or action. In a nutshell, Karma is all about reaping the consequences of one’s action.
Spirits >> The Soul
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
Soma Hinduism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Soma Hinduism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Soma in Indian Religion
- Apr 2, 2009 1 A Kumbh Mela is a mass Hindu pilgrimage which occurs four times ... known as the Soma Mandala.4 According to Terrence McKenna in his ...
- VEDIC HINDUISM by SW Jamison and M. Witzel - Harvard University
- study Vedic Hinduism -- we have voluminous texts regarding the religion from ..... Bodewitz (1973, 1990) of the Agnihotra and Soma sections, accompanied by.
- Chapter 2 - JBE Online Books
- imprint on the character of Hinduism. Its char ... Case Study: The agnicayana.
- Each Day of a Week Dedicated to a Particular Hindu God
- In Hinduism, each day of a week is dedicated to a particular god in the ... takes its name from Soma or Chandra – the Hindu moon god. Fasting on the day is ...
- LETTER: Vedic Hinduism and the Four Elements
- Soma in the Veda, in which the Vedic Hindus of 3000 BC made alloys of gold and silver (3). Vedas are the books of knowledge created by ancient Hindus. In the ...
Suggested News Resources
- A fun-filled World of Women
- The session, moderated by Soma Basu, Deputy Editor, The Hindu Metroplus, explored the life experiences of woman leaders and what made them reach the heights they were in today. The discussion revolved around what women could do to empower ...
- Complete flyover work by Krishna Pushkarams: Uma
- Irrigation Minister Devineni Umamaheswara Rao instructed engineers of Soma Developers to complete construction of the Kanaka Durga flyover by Krishna Pushkarams. During an inspection of the works in progress between Durga Ghat and Kummaripalem ...
- A bite of India's culinary history
- And in what is hailed these days as the Golden Age of Hinduism (the centuries when the Vedas and our great epics were written), our heroes delighted in consuming the flesh of animals.
- tiruchi today
- Bharathidasan University Department of Environmental Management: Lecture on “Real time monitoring of environmental impact through smart governance”, by L. Soma Sundaram, Director, Research, Akara Research and Technologies, Chennai, 2.30 p.
Suggested Web Resources
- Soma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In Hindu art, the god Soma was depicted as a bull or bird, and sometimes as an embryo, but rarely as an adult human.
- soma | Hinduism | Britannica.com
- Feb 27, 2015 Soma, in ancient India, an unidentified plant the juice of which was a fundamental offering of the Vedic sacrifices. The stalks of the plant were ...
- Soma - Encyclopedia Mythica
- Soma is a very difficult deity for many outside of India to comprehend. ... The ancient Hindus did not differentiate between these divergent aspects; all were the ...
- Hindu God - Soma - Hindu Online
- Soma, also called as Indu or Soma-Pavamana, is one of the most important deities in the Rgveda. The entire ninth Mandala is devoted to his praise. He is the ...
- The Secret of the Soma Plant - American Institute of Vedic Studies
- Jun 13, 2012 Soma is a great deity, cosmic power and spiritual principle in Vedic thought .... and rivers remained a characteristic feature of the Hindu religion.
Soma Hinduism Topics
Related searchesballykissangel characters