- PEO LCS Barred From Deploying Early Version Of Anti-Sub Mission Package
- The mission package includes a Variable-Depth Sonar – the Navy chose the Thales UK Sonar 2087, the same VDS used on the Royal Navy's Type 23 frigate – as well as the Multi-Function Towed Array used on the Arleigh Burke-class destroyers (DDG-51).
- NAVSEA: Cutting Weight on Littoral Combat Ship ASW Mission Package Not a New
- Arguably the most technologically mature of the three planned LCS mission packages, the planned ASW package for the ships will center around the Thales UK Sonar 2087 variable depth sonar — in service with the U.K. Royal Navy for the last several years ...
- 337 whales dead in Chile in one of history's biggest beachings
- In this photo taken in April and released on Tuesday, by the Huinay Scientific Center, a dead sei whale lies in Caleta Buena, in the southern Aysén region of Chile. Photograph: Vreni Haussermann/AP. Associated Press in Santiago.
- Sea change
- “Since its introduction into service with the Royal Navy in 2005, Sonar 2087 has been the mainstay of the Royal Navy's Surface Ship ASW capability on Type 23 frigates,” said Burton.
- How Much Do China's Warships Actually Cost?
- The Type 054A's sonar suite likely costs around $20 million, based on the unit cost of the Royal Navy's Sonar 2087 and the procurement requirements the U.S. Navy used in 2005 when specifying the characteristics of a new towed sonar array.
Sonar 2087 is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sonar 2087 books and related discussion.