A selection of articles related to songhai empire.
Original articles from our library related to the Songhai Empire. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Songhai Empire.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Songhai Empire is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Songhai Empire books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- GHANA, MALI AND SONGHAI EMPIRES
- The three. Ancient Empires of West Africa were Ghana Mali & Songhai. GHANA EMPIRE.
- ' 'if
- 4 I 2.2D: How the Songhai Empire Grew. ' _,' ,'j'i'.
- GHANA Ghana was the first great African empire of the western
- SONGHAI. Songhai became a major West African empire as Mali's empire began to crumble in the late 1400s.
- The Epic of Askia Mohammed
- The Songhai Empire emerged from the ruins of the Mali Empire within which it had existed as a vassal state up until the 15th century, with its capital in Gao.
Suggested News Resources
- Kenny Gamble at 68: Still with a full agenda | Philadelphia Inquirer | 2011-08-15
- It changed me when I found out that my ancestors were people that came from the Songhai empire, they came from Timbuktu, they came from West Africa. These were kings and queens, and they were advanced in medicine and technology.
Suggested Web Resources
- Songhai Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Songhai Empire, also known as the Songhay Empire, was a state located in western Africa.
- A Brief History of the Songhai Empire
- May 27, 2001 The Songhai Empire (sometimes spelled Songhay) is regarded by scholars and laymen alike as one of Africa's greatest empires.
- The Empires of the Western Sudan: Songhai Empire | Thematic
- Under the Askias, the Songhai empire reached its zenith, Timbuktu and Jenne flourished as centers of Islamic learning, and Islam was actively promoted.
- Songhai Empire (ca. 1375-1591) | The Black Past: Remembered
- The Empire of Songhai. The Songhai Empire was the largest and last of the three major pre-colonial empires to emerge in West Africa.
- Songhai Empire - Mali, PWNET
- The Songhai Empire. The Songhai Empire began when the Songhai king took advantage of a weakened Mali Empire to extend control over ever more territory.