A selection of articles related to sororate marriage.
Original articles from our library related to the Sororate Marriage. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sororate Marriage.
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and...
New Testament >> Matthew
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- The goddess of beauty and love was formed out of the foam that was created when Uranus’s castrated genitals were thrown out of the sea of Paphos near Cyprus by the Titan Cronus.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God: 19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore,...
New Testament >> Revelation
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Sororate Marriage is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sororate Marriage books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Conference Abstracts
- republican era and will relate these to the practice of sororate marriage in the Yangzi delta.
- Chapter 8
- Customs such as the levirate and sororate support the notion that a) marriage is a negotiated alliance between kin groups rather than between individuals.
- The Role of Abela in the Gabra Society: A Case Study of
- Sororate marriage prevails in the Gabra society.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- sororate marriage - Wiktionary
- sororate marriage (plural sororate marriages).
- Sororate marriage - Hutchinson encyclopedia article about Sororate
- Hutchinson encyclopedia article about Sororate marriage. Sororate marriage. Information about Sororate marriage in the Hutchinson encyclopedia.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Sororate Marriage Topics
Related searchesstream other names for streams
ancient mayan symbols dictionary
the family circus description
bible chronology bronze age