A selection of articles related to southern sotho.
Original articles from our library related to the Southern Sotho. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Southern Sotho.
- Pagan Holidays for the Southern Hemisphere
- Many of the readers of RealMagick hail from the Southern Hemisphere. For them, the standard progression of the seasons is shifted... I.e. they are celebrating spring in Brazil, when those of us in the Northern Hemisphere are celebrating Fall. Clearly the "...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Elhaz is the seventh Rune of the second aett (group of eight). Its name means "elk," in the European sense of the word. The European elk is essentially the same animal as the North American "moose." The North American elk (wapiti) is a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- A southern Italian Deity who became identified with the Hellenic Kronos. It was said of him that south Italy was the place to which he resorted after his deposition by Zeus....
Deities & Heros >> Roman
Southern Sotho is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Southern Sotho books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- About 'Imaginary Zambesia and imperial cartography'
- Little does Dr Mubita tend to know that Zambesia included the whole of Barotseland and the British crown colonies Northern Rhodesia, Southern Rhodesia and Nyasaland – all declared in 1890.
- Spoils of War: Reform vs Rhetoric
- While the British and Voortrekkers were carving a bloody swathe across southern Africa, the rest of the world was enthusiastically getting its hands wet too.
- South Africa: What the People Really Think
- Nonetheless, some 35.9% of Nguni-speakers fell into the radically disillusioned group--a high figure and not far behind the 37.4% of radically disillusioned that we found among speakers of Sesotho-Setswana languages (such as Northern Sotho, Southern ...
- Cast your vote in UFS language policy referendum
- A study class system will be available especially for Afrikaans, Zulu, Southern Sotho and other languages to facilitate the transition to English instruction while the language of administration will be English.
- Modern sciences and climate change
- The Bantu people came to southern Africa about the same time as the Europeans (i.e. end of 15th century – or beginning 1488) to an uninhibited and vacant part of the world.