Soviet Invasion Of Afghanistan
A selection of articles related to soviet invasion of afghanistan.
Original articles from our library related to the Soviet Invasion Of Afghanistan. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Soviet Invasion Of Afghanistan.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Galicia, Spain
- The Celts in Galicia, Spain [ 26 ] Galicia is a region located in the northwest corner of Spain, just above Portugal; Galicia is comprised of the following Spanish provinces: La Coruna, Lugo, Grense, and Ponteverde. In all, over 2.8 million people live in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Fundamentalist's Problem
- One of the most frustrating things for a person who does not subscribe to a fundamentalist way of thinking is that having an open and expansive conversation about spirituality and God with a fundamentalist personality is virtually impossible, if possible at...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: New Kingdom
- New Kingdom (ca 1580 -1085 bc.) The Hyksos people The so called 'Hyksos' invasion, which was most likely composed of several small groups of different people infiltrating the delta during the 13th Dynasty, meant the end of the Middle Kingdom. The Hyksos...
Religions >> Egyptian
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Soviet Invasion Of Afghanistan is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Soviet Invasion Of Afghanistan books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- afghan bibliography
- The Secretary of. Health & Human. Services Tommy.
- INTRODUCTION The Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan in
- The Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan in 1979 is a textbook case of a Cold War military engagement.
- The Soviet Invation of Afghanistan in 1979: Failure of Intelligence or
- report, examined the role of intelligence in influencing American policy prior to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979.
- MUN Position Paper: Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan The Soviet
- The Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan was a war that waged for 9 years from. December 24 th. , 1979 up until February 15 th.
- (EST PUB DATE) THE SOVIET INVASION OF AFGHANISTAN
- Z (bntral. Intelligence. U.
Suggested News Resources
- In Karachi, a call for calm amid deadly ethnic violence
- So did people from other provinces of the new Pakistan, like Punjab and the northwest along the Afghan border, and migration from that troubled region skyrocketed after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and after 9/11.
- Gold price tumbles on profit-taking
- In real terms, adjusted for inflation, gold prices are still a long way from their high of about $2500 an ounce set in 1980 after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
- Sean O'Grady: Instability will keep gold on a high, for now
- With the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan – my how these events echo down the years – there was also a real risk of the world ending through a nuclear war.
- Moscow Olympic sailors demand apology for boycott
- The Royal Yachting Association (RYA) boycotted the Games after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Skipper Colin Simonds said: "We'd love to be included (in 2012) to close the gap in our lives from having our Games cancelled.
Suggested Web Resources
- Soviet war in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Soviet invasion.
- Soviet invasion of Afghanistan
- Describes why USSR invaded Afghanistan, history and politics behind this Cold War incident.
- Russian invasion of Afghanistan
- In Christmas 1979, Russian paratroopers landed in Kabal, the capital of Afghanistan. The country was already in the grip of a civil war.
- BBC News - Afghanistan - Timeline
- Mar 15, 2011 Soviet pullout: Afghanistan was a Cold War battleground.