A selection of articles related to spear symbolism.
Original articles from our library related to the Spear Symbolism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Spear Symbolism.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Rose - Love, Healing, Symbolism and Alchemy
- When someone gives you red roses you know what it means: Love. Some say it means love and respect, but most of the times it means love and desire. The rose, this wondrous Lady of Flowers, is attributed to femininity. The red rose belongs with Aphrodite, the...
Earth Mysteries >> Essential Oils
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Spear Symbolism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Spear Symbolism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- History under foot
- Collectors of spear points, arrowheads and other artifacts learned the back story about life in Indian and colonial villages during an “Archaeology Roadshow” at Hobcaw Barony's Discovery Center.
- Students design shirts for Clothesline Project
- “Your story is being honored.” A big part of the Clothesline Project is the visibility of the personal stories. “For some, the hanging of the shirt is symbolic,” Spear said.
- Living Legends: The Mardi Gras Indians of New Orleans
- Though these traditional roles are largely symbolic and ceremonial today, Edwards is old enough to remember when they were essential. He describes the Mardi Gras ...
- Relic hunter: A missing Christian relic, the fall of Nazi Germany and a
- The Holy Lance, or Spear of Destiny, was the iron pilum used by the Roman legionnaire Longinus to pierce Christ's side as he hung on the cross, to see if he had died.
- Why Do Wild Chimpanzees Throw Stones At Trees?
- Or, the chimpanzees could be participating in a symbolic ritual. The authors write: "Marking territorial boundaries and ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.