A selection of articles related to spices.
Original articles from our library related to the Spices. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Spices.
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 30
- Chapter 30 30:1 And thou shalt make an altar to burn incense upon: of shittim wood shalt thou make it. 30:2 A cubit shall be the length thereof, and a cubit the breadth thereof; foursquare shall it be: and two cubits shall be the height thereof: the horns...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 37
- Chapter 37 37:1 And Bezaleel made the ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half was the length of it, and a cubit and a half the breadth of it, and a cubit and a half the height of it: 37:2 And he overlaid it with pure gold within and without, and made a...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 43
- Chapter 43 43:1 And the famine was sore in the land. 43:2 And it came to pass, when they had eaten up the corn which they had brought out of Egypt, their father said unto them, Go again, buy us a little food. 43:3 And Judah spake unto him, saying, The man did...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 16
- Chapter 16 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. 16:2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And the whole multitude of them arose, and led him unto Pilate. 23:2 And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King. 23:3 And...
New Testament >> Luke
Spices is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Spices books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- For fast Indian food, the secret's in the spices
- Delicately spiced Indian food takes time to make. For this dinner, I captured the essence of tikka masala, chicken in a creamy tomato sauce, so I can enjoy Indian food that can be quickly prepared. It's an Indian dish with an English pedigree.
- Telangana to grow, sell organic spices, vegetables
- Hyderabad: The Telangana state government will start selling its own brand of organic vegetables, fruits and spices such as turmeric, ginger, red chilli powder. Right now, the government sells milk, milk products and edible oil under the Vijaya brand.
- Herbs, spices add flavor to meals
- Using herbs and spices is an excellent way to boost flavor without excess calories, sugar, sodium and fat. The March theme focuses on choosing flavorful, nutritious foods while following the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- FDA analysing Salmonella contamination in retail packages of spices
- FDA said it was not recommending a change in consumption or use of spices. “Under new FSMA regulations, facilities will be required to implement preventive controls for hazards in foods, such as pathogens such as Salmonella that may be associated with ...
- Ten of the healthiest herbs and spices to keep you fighting fit
- Now that it's autumn, flu season isn't far off and there's plenty you could be doing in the kitchen to give your body that extra oomph for the cold months ahead.