A selection of articles related to spiritualism origins.
Original articles from our library related to the Spiritualism Origins. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Spiritualism Origins.
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- What is the History of Reiki?
- Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Ancient Origins The Development of Usui Reiki Dr. Mikao Usui Dr. Chujiro Hayashi Hawayo Takata Mrs. Takata Talks about Reiki (transcript) Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Reiki In Japan...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Spiritualism Origins is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Spiritualism Origins books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- How Mark Twain's ghost almost set off the copyright battle of the century
- The novel Jap Herron was published with an introduction by the purported transcriptionist, a journalist and author from St. Louis named Emily Grant Hutchings, about the book's mystical origins.
- The Fox Sisters and the Rap on Spiritualism
- Articles: “The Origin of Spiritualism.” Springfield Republican, June 20, 1899; “Gotham Gossip. Margaretta Fox Kane's Threatened Exposure of Spiritualism.
- New atheists must become new vegans: Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins and the extra
- Both have been strangled between pseudo-spiritualism and pseudo-science, and almost entirely obscured from the view of rational-thinking people in the process.
- Discover the Tiny Town That Sees Ghosts All Year Round
- In the summer of 1993, 16-year-old Shannon Taggart heard stories about a small town called Lily Dale, near her hometown in Western New York. Her cousin had visited to attend a “message service,” a public assembly in the woods where mediums give ...