A selection of articles related to spirituals.
Original articles from our library related to the Spirituals. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Spirituals.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
Spirituals is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Spirituals books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Gullah Spirituals - Discover South Carolina Home
- ome of the most beloved American spirituals emerged from the talents of the Gullah people of coastal South Carolina.
- Afro-American Spirituals, Work Songs, and Ballads AFS L3
- Out of such passionate religious meetings eame t.
- Negro Spirituals
- songs under the name of "Negro Spirituals," and had even heard some of them sung by friends from South Carolina.
Suggested News Resources
- Conspirare celebrates African-American spirituals for Harmonia Mundi
- By Michael Quinn The American choirs Conspirare and Company of Voices have recorded an album of traditional and lesser-known settings of African-American spirituals, with Craig Hella Johnson conducting for Harmonia Mundi.
- Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choir to Release New CD October 4
- "There's a little contemporary, a little praise, a little traditional, and a couple spirituals. These are songs that a church choir can sing and bless the congregation with.
- Music of the Movement: Free at Last
- By Jacqueline Trescott “Free At Last” has long been a song of liberation, drawing from the richness of black spirituals. The generations of people who worked in the Civil Rights Movement understood its deepest meanings.
- Conspirare: A new CD – ain't that good news?
- African American Spirituals in like fashion, we can't say.
- Bay Area arts picks, Aug. 25
- San Francisco Lyric Chorus: Artistic Director Robert Train Adams leads an Old Testament-themed program with music by Aaron Copland and Randall Thompson as well as spirituals. 7 pm Sat. St.
Suggested Web Resources
- Song Official Site of Negro Spirituals, antique Gospel Music
- The very first negro spirituals were inspired by African music even if the tunes were not far from those of hymns.
- Spiritual (music) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Spirituals (or Negro spirituals) are religious songs which were created by enslaved African people in America. Contents.
- The Spirituals Project
- The Spirituals Project-keeping the music and wisdom of African American spirituals alive.
- Spirituals | EDSITEment
- Oct 6, 2010 Spirituals. This lesson plan introduces students to the role that spirituals have played in African American history and religion.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
othello heaven hell
raf akrotiri history
preston tucker early life
piroxicam mechanism of action
dream dictionary shooting