A selection of articles related to spirituals.
Original articles from our library related to the Spirituals. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Spirituals.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
Spirituals is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Spirituals books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Raz Simone - Trap Spirituals
- Lyrically, the high points on Trap Spirituals are the second and fourth tracks “Plottin” and “Oh Lord,” respectively. Raz shows his vulnerability as Solomon Simone, as he crawls displays his political stance about police brutality and black economic ...
- “Festival of Spirituals” celebrates Black History Month through song
- The director of the Oakwood University Aeolians and organizer of Sunday's event, Jason Ferdinand, says beyond the rich rhythm, these songs send powerful reminders.
- OSU-Mansfield Chorus Performs Negro Spirituals
- OSU-Mansfield Director of Choral Activities Dr. David Tovey negro spirituals fell out of favor for many years in the black community because the songs reminded them of a time when African-Americans were not empowered.
- PRINCETON: Spirituals and gospel music concert at Princeton High School
- Guest conductor Dr. J. Donald Dumpson leads the Princeton High School Choir with "Lift Every Voice and Sing," the opening arrangement during Princeton Public Schools' Celebratory Spirituals and Gospel Festival at the Princeton High School Performing ...
- Spirituals to be highlighted in 'Showcase of Song'
- “The Negro spirituals emerged out of the undying hope of African slaves in America,” said Cheryl Harry, director of African-American programs for Old Salem Museums & Gardens, in an email. “We believe that the St.
Related searchessarim burney
elizabeth gaskell style
amarapura nikaya history
next next computer