Stamford Raffles Legacy
A selection of articles related to stamford raffles legacy.
Original articles from our library related to the Stamford Raffles Legacy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Stamford Raffles Legacy.
- Polyamory: Loving Unlimited
- Unconditional loving, loving "without limits and without restrictions" in all areas and in all interactions, is one of the basic aims and guiding principles of the Aluna network of communities for the New- Partnership Era to come. Let's get really...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Stamford Raffles Legacy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Stamford Raffles Legacy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Syed Muhd p1-22 - National University of Singapore
- Stamford Raffles' Discourse on the Malay World: A Revisionist Perspective .... As early as 1806, Raffles had already observed the legacy of “Hinduism” in Java.
- From Noble Muslims to Saracen Enemies: Thomas Stamford Raffles ...
- This article examines the development of Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles' dis- .... legacy of intolerance and barbarism whose effects could be seen in the back-.
- The Legacy of Robert Morrison - William Carey University
- The Legacy of Robert Morrison. I. Berten Starr hen asked in 18W by .....
- The Legacy of Empire in Singapore - The British Empire
- official and public interest downplayed the study of empire and of its legacy during ... Stamford Raffles as a maverick Company man also did little to allay fears of ...
- THE BRITISH LEGACY
- minds," Thomas Stamford Raffles had observed during his early years in. Singapore. The Malays, it was said, were "Nature's gentlemen.
Suggested News Resources
- On the demolishment of the historic Runnymede Hotel — V. Vishnu Kumar
- In particular I refer to the statement by Marcus Langdon on the demolishment of annex buildings one of which has been occupied by Sir Stamford Raffles whose historical legacy needs no elaboration. I would like to share some thoughts on this unfortunate ...
- Preserving (what's left of) Penang's heritage
- The Runnymede Hotel, believed to be close to 200 years old, was the former home of the Penang governor's assistant secretary, Sir Stamford Raffles. ... At the very least, the previous BN state government had left behind a priceless legacy for Penangites.
- Gin from Raffles descendant
- Sipsmith's co-founder Sam Galsworthy is a descendant of the founder of modern Singapore, Sir Stamford Raffles, after whom the hotel is named. In fact ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Stamford Raffles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Raffles College (currently National University of Singapore); Raffles ... Raffles Place MRT Station · Stamford Road; Raffles Class - The ...
- Sir Stamford Raffles's career and contributions to Singapore ...
- Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles (b. 6 July 1781, off Port Morant, Jamaica–d. 5 July 1826, Middlesex, England) was famously known as the founder of modern ...
- Sir Stamford Raffles | British colonial agent | Britannica.com
- Mar 15, 2016 Sir Stamford Raffles, in full Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles (born July 6, 1781, at sea, off Port Morant, Jam.—died July 5, 1826, London, Eng.) ...
- Stamford Raffles - New World Encyclopedia
- Raffles' legacy lives on in the city he founded, which became an independent republic in 1965. Raffles declared that Singapore was to ...
- The ugly history of Stamford Raffles | ABC Radio Australia
- Dec 11, 2012 British statesman Sir Stamford Raffles is revered as a hero in ... history especially for those connected to the legacy of Stamford Raffles.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.