A selection of articles related to stethoscope history.
Original articles from our library related to the Stethoscope History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Stethoscope History.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
Stethoscope History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Stethoscope History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The history of
- The history of the steh oscope. FRED WEINBERG, MD, FRCPC. * he stethoscope was in- vented in 1816 by a.
- History of 3M Littmann Electronic Stethoscopes
- Sound. Strategy. An early Laennec obstetric stethoscope.
- Throw the Stethoscope Away: A Historical Essay
- Throw the Stethoscope Away: A Historical Essay. Am I going deaf, or are hearts not as noisy as they used to be? I've had my hearing tested, just some high- ...
- The stethoscope - University of Malta
- History. 'I recalled a well known acoustic phenomenon: if you place your ear against one ... stethoscope to the Academy of Sciences in Paris in 1818; in 1819.
- Stethoscope - Frank's Hospital Workshop
- The stethoscope (from Greek στηθοσκόπιο, of στήθος, stéthos - ... History. Early stethoscopes.
Suggested News Resources
- René Laennec's stethoscope: giving doctors a new way to listen to patients
- René Laennec's stethoscope gave doctors a new way to listen to patients – hearing their bodies, but perhaps not their voices. As Google produces a Doodle celebrating the inventor Vanessa Heggie looks at this crucial change in the relationship between ...
- How to spot a doctor before the invention of the stethoscope
- Last week, thanks to a Google doodle celebrating the 235th anniversary of Réne Laennec's birth, many of us learned that his invention, the stethoscope, will be 200 years old later this year. This begs a crucial question.
- The Most Influential Physicians in History, Part 3: #20-#11
- The father of cognitive therapy, Dr Aaron Temkin Beck is considered one of history's most influential psychotherapists and a pioneer in the field of mental health.
- Health: Are you at risk for heart disease?
- But a strong family history is like a visit from Christmas Future. That might be your fate if you don't make changes today.
Suggested Web Resources
- History of the Stethoscope - American Diagnostic Corporation - Core
- The word stethoscope is derived from the two Greek words, stethos (chest) and scopos (examination). Apart from listening to the heart and chest sounds, it is ...
- 1816: The Stethoscope - National EMS Museum
- May 12, 2007 The stethoscope was invented in 1816 when a young French ... the book "A Popular History of France form the Earliest Times" by F.P.
- Stethoscope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The stethoscope was invented in France in 1816 by René ... His device was similar to the common ear trumpet, a historical form of ...
- Stethoscope - Science Museum
- René Laennec invented the stethoscope in 1816. While consulting a female patient, Laennec needed to listen to the woman's chest. Before the stethoscope ...
- Stethoscope History: 3M™ Littmann® Stethoscopes: 3M US
- We've come a long way from 1819, when the world was introduced to the very first stethoscope (made of paper!). Get your stethoscope history here!